Wednesday 20 December 2023

Thinking Of You

Hello bloggers!  I selected some decoratives papers from my craft stash (not sure what brand they are as I have had them for quite some time).  I added the striped paper to the bottom of the dotty paper an added a thin red strip between the border.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangles, I made a thin frame cut from Taupe card.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to another piece of taupe card.  I attached it to the top of the card with mounting foam.  I cut Rufus out of tan card and added a gold crown, a small flower and an envelope in his mouth with a red heart on it.  I cut the food bowl out of deep red card and added a cream flower to it.  I cut the Thinking Of You sentiment out of deep red card and added it to a shadow backing die cut out of taupe card.  I added the sentiment below the focal element.  The card was completed with milk and deep red mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






                                                                             
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very cute card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card & I love his little crown. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a majestic and beautiful card today, what I always love about your die sets are the additional little dies that come with the sets like the crown, the flower, heart etc. This card is superb, wonderful and handsome all rolled into one, yes amazing, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous, festive Rufus! Love it! Colleen xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love it and the colours are fab…

Anonymous said...

what a great card sue like june said it’s the little additions you give us that make the cards very special thank you sue so much stay safe my friends xxxxxxxxxx June Horrocks xxxxcccc

Pawprintx4 said...

Love this card! I do think it looks like our Lucie and she is a spoiled queen of a dog (my husband did it).
Stephanie K

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely card again today. Isn't Rufus so cute. My friends have a dog that looks just like him except she is a girl and called Flurry! These dies are so wonderful for all us animal lovers.

Lisbeth

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really lovely card and Rufus is such a darling anyone would be thrilled to receive
it.

Frances

sued99 said...

This is such a cute card and I have the dies to give it a try! Just need some time now…..x

Marion Scott said...

Hello Sue
A really lovely cute card
Marion S x

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Evening Sue and all that visit today.
Ohhh what a gorgeous card. I just love your Rufus and he is just like my Alfie same colour as well..And I adore him. This a beautiful card. And Rufus is on my list. .. Thank You. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Rufus looks so cute with his crown, really lovely card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Judy Hollers said...

Such a fun card. Rufus looks like a good mail carrier!

BridgetCG said...

Hello Sue, such a great card with the patterned paper. Bx