Friday 8 December 2023

Happy Christmas

 Hello crafters!  I had a rummage through my scrap box and found these colours to make a background.  I selected teal, raspberry, and amethyst card to use and cut them into half inch strips.  I added a piece of sticky adhesive sheet to a piece of card and laid the strips down next to each other.  Using the Bubble Tree-O die set, I cut the three trees out of the background (grouped closely so that I could cover cut out area).  I added each of the striped trees cut from the background to the Bubble Tree die cut out of gold mirror card, thn added an antique gold outer die to each of them.   I cut a frame using the Clipped Corner Rectangles and added mounting foam to the back of it and added a piece of white card to it.  I seated all three trees inside th frame and added small stars as accents.  I cut the Happy Christmas sentiment in gold and glued it above and below the frame.  The card was completed with white and gold mats and layers.  The finihsed dimensions are 8"  x  9" in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Oh what a happy card it is lovely and colouful thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a wonderful card especially using all the coloured strips that have been left over from another sample, the trees with the same patterns behind look stunning, love this one.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous bright card today & I love how you have used the strips.Yvonne xx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card perfect.Hugs to all that visit today x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Unusual colours but somehow it works … love it

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a lovely colourful Christmas card and the majority of it made from scraps, wonderful
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a great modern Christmas Card, love the bright colours with the gold. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a good idea for using up all those scraps and I don't think it really matters that you haven't used traditional Christmas colours it still works well for me because you have used the contemporary Christmas Tree designs.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Oh I love it when you show us cards that have been created from leftover scraps of paper and card. Just look at this background. And what a beautiful card. Those trees look like little different coloured fairy lights shining through with those colours behind them. What a star you are Sue. Thankyou.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a pretty colourful background and beautiful card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Very modern coloured card; good to see you using scraps of card and gutting it. WakeyL

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous card, and so cheerful too! Love it! Colleen xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love this bright and colourful card, the bubble tree die is still sitting on my desk as I never got round to making any Christmas cards this year. Looking after my husband has taken up all my time so I’ll save this gorgeous sample for next year

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

lovely card sue puts you in mood for santa i love it xxxxxxxxxxx june horrocks xxxxxxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely bright and contemporary style card. When I have completed my cards and written them I am going to have a go at making the tree decorations using the Tree-O dies. After watching the video I think they are a great idea and yet another use for your wonderful dies.

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

This is such a fun card. I love the colors and the trees!

sued99 said...

Such a gorgeous card.x

Betty McAlister said...

A gorgeous Christmas card. Wonderful background xx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel