Saturday 2 December 2023

Best Wishes

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of white card and used the Stained Glass Maple Leaves centre die to randomly cut into the card all over.  I covered a piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet then added the background to it.  I trimmed it and then coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I cut the middle die from the set in black and added it with mounting foam to the top of the card.  I cut the Maple Leaves in black and added a white backing piece to it.  I used the Crystal Tints on the leaves to give them colour.  I have to admit that I was a bit messy and got some on the backing piece so I cut the die again in white and paper pieced the backing into the design.  I used a soft blue pencil to add some shadow to it.  I cut the Noble best Wishes sentiment in black and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I hope you are keeping well and in the warm. What a beautiful sample today, the autumn leaves in the oval are amazing with the glitz inside, great idea.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card. I love how you’ve used the die as both focal point and background.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love how you have also used the die for the background
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & it shows the versatility of your dies. Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. There is something about an all white background with a really colourful centerpiece that is so striking. Love the autumnal colours that you have used today. Such a good idea with the leaf die.

Lisbeth

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love this post and how you have used the main die as both focal and contrast feature…

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card today. This is a great card for everyone who has an autumn birthday. Hugs to all that visit today x

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is just beautiful, maple leaves in different colours. And I’d never thought of putting them straight onto card - I always use acetate - so that’s definitely something to try too, thanks Sue! Colleen xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is really lovely, beautiful autumnal colours. Bx

Anonymous said...

Great card covering autumn or winter birthdays . WakeyL

Anonymous said...

moring sue love this card very special the colours are fab and background beautiful stay safe and warm my friends June Horroocks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. I love the white on white background and then the splash of colour on the maple leaves, gorgeous.

Frances

sued99 said...

Lovely card. Love the background and how well it sets off the main image. X

Judy Hollers said...

Love this Stained Glass Maple die!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
a very pretty card. Love the EF
Maria x

Suemac said...

A pretty card.