Thursday 14 December 2023

Happy Birthday

Hi bloggers!  I wanted to show a different way to use the Stained Glass dies so I used the Stained Glass Happy Birthday die and cut it with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour all the images, then I glued the black die cut on top.  I cut all the pieces apart and reimiagined the image.I die cut a second balloon from the die to use in the new configuartion.   I used the Double Stitched Rectangles to make a multi-layered frame with a wider white base and a smaller black frame on top.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to a piec of white card.  I added two presents, a cupcake and the steamers to the frame.  I used the Balloon Embossing folder and expanded it to cut a wider piece.  I attached the square frame to the centre of the card.  I cut the Happy Birthday sentiment in black and glued it to the upper left corner and the bottom right corner.  I added some clear water crystals as accents.The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  X  8 3/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely happy card today thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Anonymous said...

love the colours sue a great card today June horrocks xxxxxz

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful bright stained glass birthday card.Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, love the way you have used the die for this sample. The balloon embossing folder is perfect too. Gorgeous
Marion S x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card perfect.Hugs to all that visit today x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great fun card which shows the versatility of your stained glass dies - love it….

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely and cheerful birthday card today. Love it. Bx

Anonymous said...

Great idea and card. WakeyL

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful creation, I must have missed this die, so will check it out and see if they are still in stock. You know what I am like for this sort of things.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, my apologies but I have just left a very late comment on yesterday's card. Today's card is really clever and reminds us that we don't have to use the stained glass dies 'as they come' but that they can be cut up and moved around to suit.

Frances

Pawprintx4 said...

A cheery card for sure. Love a new take to make our dies more useful.
Stephanie K

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Thank you for sharing this idea with us, what a good idea for using the stained glass dies in a different way. I think I will have to re-read the instructions and perhaps try to make something similar at the same time as it looks a bit complicated to me.

I apologise that my comments have been a bit hit and miss lately as I have had IT problems to the extent that I will have to replace my laptop. The new one arrives next week!

Lisbeth

Judy Hollers said...

This card is so sweet. It is bright and colorful. Hugs.

sued99 said...

Fabulous bright card. X

hazel young said...

A Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel