Tuesday 26 December 2023

Birthday Wishes

Hello my crafty friends! I hope eveyone had a great Christmas! For today's card,  I selected a piece of white card and embossed it with the Padded Quilt embossing folder.  Next I used the Clipped Corner Rectangles and made a multi-layered frame using a wide white frame and a thinner black frame on top.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to a piece of silver sparkle card.  I added it to the background with mounting foam.  I cut Rufus in black.  I cut the head separately then used a fine tipped black felt pen through the die to his eyes and nose.  I cut an envelope in white and added a silver sparkle heart and tucked in his mouth.  I cut a small flower and seated on his tail.  I also cut a bone and several pink hearts and glued them above Rufus.  I cut several pink flowers and added leaves then seated them in opposite corners of the frame.  I cut the Birthday Wishes sentiment in black and glued it below the frame.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x 






                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous sample, with the puppy dog and my favourite embossing folder.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your lovely Rufus. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fabulous post with one of the gorgeous pooches and a must have embossing folder. Love it…

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. I hope you had a lovely day yesterday. Love Rufus and you have made a stunning card with him.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

A great card this morning hope you had a great day with your family stay safe my friends hope you have a great day xxxxxxxxJune Horrocks

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous card, with adorable Rufus! Love the colours too! Colleen xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable Rufus, love how you added the details to the nose and eyes! Very elegant and sweet card

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Hope you had a lovely Christmas Day too. Love the flower on Rufus’s tail and I still yearn for that embossing folder

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Judy Hollers said...

Rufus is so cute! The embossing folder with pearls is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hello Sue.
A very cute card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this card is gorgeous and I love Rufus.

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Christmas and spent it with loved ones where possible. Back to normal now until the New Year :-)

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the embossing folder is so elegant and the puppy so cute x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Sweet card Sue xx Hazel