Monday 11 December 2023

Hope Your Day Is Amazing

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of white card to use for the background and I used the outer oval die from the Stained Glass Grapevine to cut an aperture in it.  Next, I embossed it with the Padded Quilt for texture.  I added mounting foam to the back to raise it and attached it to another piece of white card covered with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I cut the outer die from that set in black and glued it around the aperture.  I cut the Grapevine die with a piece of black card on top and a piece of white card underneath.  This cuts out the entire top piece, but just leaves an ermbossed impression on the card underneath.  I used the white card to colour the grapes and leaves.  I glued the black die cut on top of it.  I peeled the backing paper off of the white card and seated the grapevine die cut in the middle, then sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the remaining exposed adhesive areas.  I cut the Hope Your Day Is Amazing sentiment in black and glued it below the focal element.  I cut thin strips of black card and glued them to the edges to create a faux frame.  I used clear Cosmic Lacquer on the grapes to give them a shine.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x
 






 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Fabulous card Sue
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A truly beautiful card today. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh my goodness you so amaze me with these beautiful samples every day, this is one of my favourites, I absolutely love the embossing folder and the grapes, but it is not until you see the close up of the sample that you can appreciate how beautiful it is with the glitz to compliment around the oval, brilliant, a masterpiece, thank you Sue xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card perfect.Hugs to all that visit today x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. This is a perfect card for those who don't always appreciate flowers on their cards. Such a good idea to add a pop of colour.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. .Sue PLEASE forgive for not keeping up with the comments this week. I have had the most lingering start of a cold and chest infection that has finally decided to come out ... So am not well at all this morning. But seeing your card this morning has made me feel a little better. A lovely card and as Lisbeth has said perfect for those who don't appreciate flowery cards. Thankyou Sue for everything you bring to this wonderful place. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏.

Anonymous said...

Great general card which suits all. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Stunning post...love everything about this one...

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card, love this sentiment, as it is ideal for a few occasions. Bx

sued99 said...

A great card. I love that you remind us of different techniques too as I often stick to the same thing and don’t use many of the things I’ve learned. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful stained glass card with the grapevine die
Ann, hope you feel better soon

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Pawprintx4 said...

Love this morning's card and the sentiment is very useful.
Stephanie K

BucksGirl said...

Hi Sue - what a gorgeous card! Hope you feel better soon Ann Topp - there are so many really awful bugs around at the moment - Colleen xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really lovely card. I was admiring your colouring of the grapes as I read the text then saw that you had used Cosmic Lacquer on them, brilliant.

Ann, I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Frances

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Late posting again looking after my friends two dogs makes me forget the time and I’m loving it lol! The padded quilt embossing folder cries out for pearls or rhinestones it’s one of my favourite folders. Today’s card is beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card. Love the embossing
Maria x