Tuesday 5 December 2023

Happy Birthday

 Hello bloggers!  I embossed a piece of white card with the Tidal Sands embossing folder.  I sprayed it with spray glue then glittered it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  Next I cut the outer and middle die from the Stained Glass Tulips in white.  I backed the middle die with a piece of black card.  I cut the Tulips in black and glued a piece of clear acetate to the back of it.  I turned it over and, working from the back, I added glue to the leaves first then sprinkled green glitter over it and tapped it off.  I continued to add glitter to the design, doing the darkest areas first and working towards the lighter colours.  I set it aside to dry over night then added it to the centre of the card.  I cut the Happy Birthday die in black and glued it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it below the focal element with mounting foam and glue.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow this is a very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very pretty birthday card
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with your lovely stained glass tulips. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely card this morning.

Barbara V

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, wow the tidal sands embossing folder looks amazing when sprayed with glitter, brilliant, another one for my to do lit.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - gorgeous card, I’m loving the silk glitter too! Colleen xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Beautiful tulips.The embossing folder is so glittery.Hugs to all that visit today x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really pretty floral card, love this embossing folder design too. Bx

Anonymous said...

Very bright and cheery. WakeyL

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Another lovely all white card with a pop of colour, but this one is so different because of the use of different textures. Thanks for sharing.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Absolutely gorgeous post...Love the predominantly white with the splash of colour....works particularly well with your stained glass range.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card with my favourite of your stained glass dies, love the silk glitter colouring of the tulips

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Pawprintx4 said...

Beautiful. You have me at glitter piecing. Another note, I love that Happy Birthday font...that little squiggle on the end of the last Y.
Stephanie K

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really beautiful card. I love the mix of the glitterbitz background and the polished silk glitter on the centrepiece.

Frances

Anonymous said...

love the background sue lovel card June Horrocks xxxxxxxxxxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Sorry I’m late posting what a beautiful card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card I love the glitter and the bright splash of colour on the tulipd

sued99 said...

Stunning card. X

Judy Hollers said...

This is a beautiful card. The glitter on the tulips is really special! Great card.