Saturday 27 January 2024

You're Too Kind

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of white card to use and stamped it in black with a texture stamp with veins in it (sorry, its from an old set and I don't recall the name of it).  I inked the card with Worn Lipstick distress ink all around the edges.  Next I cut a Stained Glass Rectangle in white and added a black backing piece behind it.  I cut the Layered Hydrangeas in white and inked thm with Worn Lipstick and Antique Linen distress inks.  I layered up the Hydrangeas and glued them to the centre, then added green leaves around each of the flower heads.  I cut the You're Too Kind sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added them to the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  9"  in size.  All for now, Sue x 







 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful background on this sample, cracked ice comes to mind, I am sure I have some card similar to this which I can use, the flowers and sentiment are perfect and show off the design in al it's glory, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow brilliant background and very pretty flowers thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a great background to this sample, and the flowers are so pretty
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the stamped background looks lovely with your layered hydrangea x I love the sentiment too x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post and fab background that showcases the brilliant new dies perfectly…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I love the design of this card. I do think the flowers are very pretty although I am not too sure that they look like hydrangeas. I also like the smaller sentiments which work better for me as I am making smaller cards at the moment.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. What a fabulous background today which really sets off the lovely card with the new layering dies. Loving g the colours too. Thankyou . Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the stamped and inked background, perfect for your layered hydrangeas

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is really pretty, love the layered flower dies. Bx

Anonymous said...

Thought you had created a marble background which is really effective. WakeyL

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - such a pretty card! I always seem to forget to use stamps for background texture, so a good reminder! Colleen xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card and I like the pretty colours and the way the hydrangeas echo the veins on the background.

Frances

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Beautiful card I love hhe background and the colours youve used The layered hydrangeas are lovely

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful layered hydrangea. Love the colors you chose.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful card and fabulous background! I have the background stamp but can’t remember where I got it from (was it one of Sam’s?). I’ll try and look it up when I get home.
Hugs x
Heather T

Scottydog said...

A pretty card today. Yes I think it looks like cracked ice. Thank you Sue.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Sorry I had no signal to post yesterday. I love this card from the distressed background to the hydrangeas. Yvonne xx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel