Wednesday 3 January 2024

Happy Birthday

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of Arctic Blue card and used the Padded Quilt embossing folder on it for texture.  I cut the Stained Glass Cone Flower's outer die in white.  I cut the middle die from the set in white and arctic blue.  I layered up the white die cut then used the fall away pieces from the blue die cut and paper pieced them into the middle die.  I cut the ConeFlowers in white and backed it in white, then I cut the die again out of lilac, brown, green and arctic blue.  I used all the fall away pieces from the different colours to paper piece the Coneflower die. I used clear Cosmic Lacquer on the flower centres to give them some shine.   I added it to the middle of the card with mounting foam. I cut the Happy Birthday sentiment in brown and seated it on a white shadow backing piece.  I added it below the focal element with mounting foam.  I added small white flatback pearls to the background.  I completed the card with white and lilac mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8"  in size.  All for now, Sue x


























 
                                                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, stunning creation, the padded quilt, my favourite, looks fantastic as the basis for this sample, must have a go at this one. xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card it is so sweet thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue,
A very pretty card
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Absolutely stunning card today, I love the quilted embossing folder which really shows off your beautiful stained glass cone flowers. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

a very pretty card sue thank you b stay safe and well my friends June Horrocks xxxxx

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card, soft pretty colours. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
A beautiful creation this morning Sue. I just love all the pastel shades you have used. I have been looking for this padded quilt embossing folder but can't find it anywhere . Please can anyone tell me if it has been discontinued. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs ๐Ÿค—and and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well ๐Ÿ™

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love the colours you have used on today's card. It almost looks as though the flowers are poking their heads out through the snow.
Like Ann Topp, I have also been trying to find the padded quilt embossing folder and I can't find it either. If anyone has any information, please let us both know. Thank you

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post today...

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - wow, this is gorgeous! Love the colours and the padded quilt adds so much too! Lisbeth & Ann Topp - I can’t find padded quilt anywhere either. As it is not on the Creative Expressions website, I suspect it has been discontinued sadly. Usually Sue’s products can be tracked down - I’ve had to buy from Finland and the USA before! - but this beauty seems to be no-where. Maybe email Sue and see if it can be brought back? Colleen xx

Scottydog said...

So pretty /& girly, love it. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love everything about today’s card, from the beautiful stained glass coneflowers to the padded quilt embossing folder which seems to be out of stock everywhere I’ve looked.
Frances, hope everything ok with you missed seeing your comments these last few days

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

A stunning card. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the embossing folder is lovely and enhanced with the added pearls x the coneflower look so pretty x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Judy Hollers said...

This is a very refreshing and delightful card. Love all the pearls! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A beautiful card. The pastel colours are gorgeous. The padded quilt embossing folder is amazing and the flowers beautiful.

Barbara V

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Beautiful card with pretty colours I love all the paper piecing too Sorry I haven't commented much over thd festive season I've been kept busy with family staying which was lovely Best wishes for the New Year to you and your family Sue and to all who visit this blog

Betty McAlister said...

A beautiful card thank you Sue xx

Pawprintx4 said...

Just wonderful. I love this series.
Stephanie K

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a beautiful card in such prettycolours!
Hugs x
Heather T