Friday 12 January 2024

Just Because

Hello crafters!   I selected a piece of pixied card from my craft stash.  The piece used Midnight Blue Pixie Powder on a piece of white gloss card.  I covered it with some cling film and scrunched it up and set it aside to dry overnight.  I removed the cling film which creates these pretty lines in the background.  Next I cut two of the Noble Lopped Ovals in white and matted them for the background.  I cut Milo in tan card and added the extra ear. I added the nose and eye with a fine tipped felt pen through the die.   I cut the dog blanket out of the leftover pixied card and glued it to his back.  I cut a smalll flower from it and glued it to his ear.  I cut an envleope in white and added a red heart and tucked it in his mouth.  I cut the Just Because sentiment in black and glued it to the top of the ovals and added some red hearts around it.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now. Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card & I really love the pixie powders background. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card and background thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fab card today, great background. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Now this is my kind of background. I absoltely love the pixie powders ... And they seem to last forever. I am still on my first lot. Great value for money and I love doing the gold's and silver's on black card. Ohhh and mustn't forget Milo. Lovely happy little man. I love this card. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a gorgeous sample, with the midnight blue Pixie powder in the background, perfect for this little long chap Milo.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Milo is looking dapper in his matching coat and cute flower in his ear! The background is amazing I love how you get different looks each time you use pixie powders!
Hugs x
Heather T

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is SO adorable, and the pixies set off Milo so well! Gorgeous! Colleen xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card with the midnight blue pixied background and the looped oval dies. Sorry I didn’t get to comment yesterday but I loved the beautiful stained glass card with the borders of maple leaves

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Another cracker. The pet pals are fab and hope you bring more to the range....

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a great card, fabulous background
Marion S x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Isn't Milo so cute? He reminds me of another one of my friends dogs but she is called Miso as she was brought back from Japan with her.

Lisbeth

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable Milo with the extra ear and all the hearts. Love your background and the Looped Ovals

Anonymous said...

love this card sue and the message love to recieve this one stay safe my friends JuneHorrocks xxxxxxxx

sued99 said...

Wonderful colour on the background. Such a cute card. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x I love milos matching blanket, the pixie technique is so effective x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card with sticky gorgeous background and a very cute Milo

hazel young said...

Cute card Sue, I love the sausage dog xx Hazel