Tuesday 2 January 2024

Meow-sy Thanks!

Hello there my crafty friends!  I selected a piece of white card and used the paw print stamp from the Pet Pals Stamp set and stamped it all over the crd.  I inked it with Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Dusty Concord and Blueprint Distress inks.  Using the Stained Glass Rectangles, I cut two white mats.  I backed one with Ocean card and the larger one with Cobalt Blue card.  I taped them together and added them to the middle of the card with mounting foam.  I cut Mittens in black and added a white envelope with a pin heart to her muth.  I cut three balls of yarn and coloured them with the matching distress inks.  I stacked them in a pile next to Mittens.  I stamped the Meow-sy Thanks sentiment in black and cut it out with the smallest die in the Stained Glass Rectangle die set and backed it with a piece of card inked with the Twisted Citron.  I added it to the top corner of the mats.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  9 1/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x 









 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x I love the stamped paw prints around the frame and mittens looks so cute with her letter x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue,
A really cute card
Marion S x

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, l love the colours used xx Hazel

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another cute cat card today, love the colour choices you have used, purrfect for this card.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Such a pretty card today. I love Mittens as I have always had cats. I always said that when I retired I would like to have a dog but I find I no longer have the energy for one so I will continue to keep cats.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Your animal cards are lovely and as big dog and animal lovers this collection of dies really is my cup of tea. I also love all the "bits" that come with them too that make them mischievous and cute. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards. Please stay safe and well 🙏

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card with Mittens and the multi coloured paw-prints, a very effective background. Bx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous card! Love all the coordinating paw prints - makes a fantastic background to dear Mittens! Colleen xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card with adorable Mittens. Love the balls of wool & colourful paw prints. Yvonne xx

sued99 said...

Love it! And I have this set so I can give this a try! X

Scottydog said...

Love the colourful paw prints, they really make this card stand out. A bright sunny card for a miserable wet day! Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A bright and cheerful card with the lovely Mittens

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Judy Hollers said...

This colorful card, and Mittens is SO CUTE! Thank you for sharing.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post and so loving the colours.....

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Such a cute card!
Hugs x
Heather T