Sunday 28 January 2024

Thinking Of You

Good Sunday morning all!  I was trying out a technique that I saw online in this card.  I started with a piece of white card and I randomly added ink all over the card.  I used Peacock Feather,  Blueprint Sketch and Crushed Olive Distress Oxide inks.  Next I embossed the piece with the Peony Blooms Embossing folder.  Once embossed, I used a black sharpie to colour in the floor areas between the flowers.  The next step was to lightly go over the top of the design with a clear Perfect medium pad.  I sprinkled gold embossing powder over it and heated it.  It gives a rather distressed look while adding a pretty shine when the card is moved around.  I cut the Noble Thinking Of You sentiment in black and glued it to a white shadow backing die.  I added it to the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finshed dimensions are 7" x 7"  in size.  All for now, Sue x      






                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a lovely design, I too have seen this being done, and I have done instructions for it as well, a great technique, I like the last lot of gold on it as well.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card and interesting technique.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you I shall have a go at
this technique.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow! I’m definately going to try this technique! I love the card and all the colours used.
Hugs x
Heather T

Lisbeth said...

Wow. This technique has given a really pretty result. I must try it myself. Thank you for sharing it with us, it is always great to get new ideas otherwise we all tend to get stuck in a rut.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

A very different card today which I rather like. The colours are lovely. It’s great to be able to try new techniques. Thank you for sharing Sue.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. I like this ... And it's very different to what we are all used to. But yes very different and a lovely card for someone very lucky to receive it.
Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏.Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with a lovely technique. I love how every card will be different using this technique. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, what a brilliant technique to create this beautiful card, love the colours, and the hint of gold. Bx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a brilliant technique, and such a pretty card! Colleen xx

rolfi said...

Hi Sue,

what a beautiful card!!!!

Rolf xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card and an interesting technique which I think I may try next time I have time to play.

Frances

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a lovely card , love the look this technique has produced, will have to try this
Marion S x

Anonymous said...

Great card and thanks for sharing a new technique. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Lovely card and great to see a different technique

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

theresa w said...

Brilliant card Sue x the background technique looks amazing, thankyou for sharing x all it needed was one of your fabulous sentiments x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

What a great technique. I shall have to have a go. Love the card. The colours are beautiful. X

Judy Hollers said...

Wow! Fantastic card. Love it. Hugs.

Lynne L said...

Fabulous card I love the effect you have achieved with this technique I have tried the technique but without the final embossing powder but that certainly adds a lovely finish

hazel young said...

Pretty card Sue xx Hazel