Friday 5 January 2024

Just Because

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I started todays card by cutting the  Delicate Daisies Complete Petals die set.  I cut the various sized flowers out of old rose card, blush card and Raspberry card.    I covered a piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet, then peeled the backing paper off and began to attach the various sizes and colours of flowers to the background.  I sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Gitterbitz over the remaining exposed sticky areas.  I cut two of the Stained Glass Rectangles out of white card and matted them together.   I cut Rufus out of tan card, including the separate head die.  While leaving it in the die, I used a fine tipped black felt pen to draw in the eyes and nose. I attached the head with mounting foam. I cut a white envelope and added a pink heart to it then tucked it into his mouth.   I cut the crown out of raspberry card and glued it to his head. I cut a bone in white and glued to his paw.   I made a flower using the small and medium sized flowers from the Delicate Daisies set.  I added a pearl to the centre and seated the flower in the lower left corner with green leaves.   I cut the Just Because sentiment out of raspberry card and glued to the top of the Stained Glass Rectangles.  The card was completed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  9"  in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

hazel young said...

Such a cute card Sue xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, he is such a majestic dog and deserves his day on the blog, brilliant sample.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a lovely card, so cute
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful cute card with Rufus the dog. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
A lovely card and Rufus is such a cutie xx

Betty McAlister said...

Morning Sue. A lovely sparkly card. Gorgeous background x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Although I love all the pet dies I think that Rufus is my favourite. He is so cute and reminds me of my friend's dog.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post - what a cutie…

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Awwwww Sue. I want to reach into my tablet and take him out and keep him here with me lol. It's such a gorgeous card today. And one I will keep in my folder for reference. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.
Please stay safe and well 🙏

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a pretty card today, love the flowers on the background. Bx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - wow, I absolutely love this (and Rufus of course)! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

sweet card Sue. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the flowery background to the card and Rufus looks cute with his crown

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Scottydog said...

Loving your bright, cheery backgrounds this week. Rufus looks a very majestic dog wearing his crown. Thank you Sue.

Carole Eaton said...

He is such a cutie, lovely card sue

Judy Hollers said...

Rufus is such a cutie pie. Love this card. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

A great card sue thank you xxxxstay safe and well my friends xxxxxJune Hoorrocks xxxx

sued99 said...

A gorgeous card. X

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card so cute!

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Such a cute card Sue x Rufus looks so sweet surrounded by your pretty daisies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Pawprintx4 said...

Really a cute, sweet card. Looks like one of my dogs, Lucie.
Stephanie K

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card, think Rufus is the best
Maria x

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Sorry I’m only now catching up on the past few days posts, since I’ve been looking after my friends two dogs the time is just flying! You know I’m going to love any card with Rufus on he’s so sweet.
Hugs x
Heather T