Monday 15 January 2024

Birthday Wishes

 Hello bloggers!  For today's card, I started by embossing a piece of white card with the Balloons Embossing Folder.  Next I cut strips of periwinkle, aqua and soft lavender card.  I taped them to another piece of card, butting up the edges to each other.  I cut the strips and added a thin black strip of card across the top and glued them to the bottom of the embossed card. I cut the Pet Pal Buddy out of slate grey card. I added his floppy ears, a small flower and the envelope with a heart on it and seated him atop the black line.  I cut three heart balloons from the Birthday Balloons die set, one in each of the colours of the striped background.  I added thin black "strings" to the balloons.  I attached the balloons next to Buddy.  I cut the Birthday Wishes sentiment in black and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.   

I want to let you know that the January Die Release Blog Launch starts here tomorrow morning at 6am!  I hope you will be able to join us back here then!  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue & all Wilsonettes, what a gorgeous card, the balloon embossing folder in the background is the perfect backdrop to display this handsome chappie, love it.

Looking forward to new collection.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hus June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the colours used. Looking forward to your new release xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a gorgeous card to start the week. Looking forward to the new launch tomorrow
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
Looking forward to seeing your new designs.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
He could be my valentine I love him, thank you.
Looking forward to tomorrow and your new launch.
Take care all Kitty.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
What a sweet birthday card Sue x buddy looks really cute holding his card and I love the balloons x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card with Buddy delivering a card,I love your embossing folder. Looking forward to seeing your new launch. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card with Buddy, great colours. Looking forward to the new launch to see what you have to tempt us with in January. Bx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love, love, love it. The colours are gorgeous and perfect for the pooch. Looking forward to the next launch.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Although I love all of the pet pal collection Buddy is my favourite! I love today’s card and the colours you’ve used, the balloon background compliments Buddy’s balloons! I’m going to have get that embossing folder! I’m really looking forward to seeing what delights your giving us with your new collection.
Hugs x
Heather T

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. How nice to see how you can use dies from different collections together to make a lovely card. I look forward to seeing what you have come up with for the January release.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Ohhh you make my heart melt. I absolutely love the little doggie cards. You are certainly on to a winner with these lovely dies. Especially with any dog lover that visits. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.
Please stay safe and well 🙏.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - another gorgeous pet pal card - and I adore the colours too! Colleen xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card with Buddy delivering birthday wishes, love the balloons and the colours you’ve used. Looking forward to tomorrow and your new release

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Scottydog said...

Another adorable pet, Buddy. Love the pastel colours & your finishing touches really make your cards. Thank you Sue.
Looking forward to tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

pastal colours really look good on this card. looking forward to seeing your new collection . Wakey L

sued99 said...

I really really like this card. It’s super cute. Can’t wait to see what’s in store tomorrow. X

Lynne L said...

Hi Suue Lovely birthday card Oi love the balloons and the pretty colours Looking forward to your new release

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's very elegant, love the balloons and Buddy is my always favourite Pet Pal!