Tuesday 23 January 2024

Thinking Of You

 Hello bloggers!  I just love this card, it reminds me a little bit of Lady and the Tramp!  I started with a piece of pixied card from my background stash.  I used Midnight Blue and Purple Violet Pixie Powders on it.  Using the Heart To Heart embossing folder, I embossed a wide strip of white card and gued it to the centre of the pixied card.  I cut two thin strips of black card and glued them across the join areas.  I cut Rufus out of tan card, added a cream coloured snout and darker tan ears, a gold crown and a small pink flower.  For Buddy, I cut him out of brown card, added the folded ears and some white ink to his face.  I cut an envelope in white and added a pink heart to it.  I cut three pink hearts and glued them bewteen the two dogs.  I cut the Thinking Of You sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I attached the sentiment with mounting foam to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

hazel young said...

Cute card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very sweet card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I totally agree with you it does remind you of Lady & the Tramp, the blue along the top and bottom are a perfect backdrop colour doe this type of card, your onto another winner with these.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a cute card with the 2 dogs, a change of sentiment and would make the perfect Valentines card. Bx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, fabulous card and I agree with Bridget it could be a Valentines card, so cute
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
Such a great card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really cute post. These pet pals are fast becoming a favourite…

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x they look very cute together, just missing the plate of spaghetti x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. A miserable morning here in Leeds. But what an uplift when I opened Particraft. These lovely little dogs have stolen my heart. A beautiful card and with all the sentiment dies you have shown us anyone of these card can be for any occasion. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Anonymous said...

the pixie background is always a winner. Cute card. WakeyL

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, yes!!! Lady and the Tramp! :) I love that cartoon, and so your sweet and cute card! The crown on the Lady's head is just perfect!Love those sets so much!!

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Lovely card, Rufus looks cute with the crown.

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue and all Wisonettes, my apologies for the extended absence. I was sorry to miss the latest launch but Sue certainly treated us to some beautiful cards. I love today's card and Lady & the Tramp is one of my favourite films. Love the little touches like the crown and hearts. I hope everyone is staying safe and dry during these stormy days.

Frances

Scottydog said...

Yes, Lady & the Tramp does spring to mind. A lovely card for many age groups. Thank you Sue.

Judy Hollers said...

Rufus and Buddy look like there good buddies! This card is adorable. Thank you for sharing your design. Hugs.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. You are right - this card does look a little bit like the Lady and the Tramp. How cute.

Lisbeth

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful, what an adorable card!
Liz xx

sued99 said...

A super cute card. Definitely Lady and the Tramp. X

Stella Munn said...

Adorable card. Such a lovely die set. Thanks Sue x

Lynne L said...

Today's card is so very cute I love it!

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Just realised that I hadn't posted yesterday. A very cute card that definitely reminds me of Lady & the Tramp. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Your card is just the cutest! It does remind you of Lady and the Tramp!
Hugs x
Heather T

Pawprintx4 said...

I still have to find/buy these doggy dies. I love them & your card.
Stephanie K