Friday 26 July 2024

To Wish You A Merry Christmas

Hello bloggers!  I cut the Stained Glass Rectangles in white in the largest size.  I added it to a piece of white card covered with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the exposed sticky areas.  I cut two more smaller dies from the set and backed one in red and one in green.  I matted all the layers up, then cut the Candy Cane dies in red and backed them in white.  I added them to the card facing together to form a heart.  I cut the bow from the set out of green card covered with a sticky adhesive piece, then coated it with Hunter Green polished Silk Glitter.  I added the heart below the candy canes.  I added all the layers to a larger piece of white card.  I cut the To Wish You A Merry Christmas in red and glued it to a white shadow backing piece and attached it at the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  9 3/4"  in size. 

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-festive-candy-canes-craft-die/

 All for now, Sue x





                                                                                

                                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I like this one, and I have the Candy Cane dies sitting on my desk right at this minute, you must have known that Sue, so I will be doing this one very soon. Got some instructions to type up first and then I will be making this, great to batch make for Christmas cards.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fab card and great use of the canes to produce the heart. Makes a card that is a bit different for Christmas.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card with your beautiful candy canes making a heart. I love your beautiful sentiment that has a lovely font. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Thank you a very pretty card.
Take care all Kitty.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a lovely and very festive card this morning. I love the Candy Cane die set. Bx

Anonymous said...

Traditional but very sweet card. Cannot go wrong.

Anonymous said...

Whilst this may be a traditional card it is also timeless. WakeyL

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Another lovely Christmas card. They seem to be popping up quite often now. I can't even think about it just yet never mind get cracking on them. But that's me as always on the last burner. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A very modern looking Christmas card in traditional colours, love the candy canes made into a heart
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love how the candy canes make a heart. Love Jean xxx

Michelle Stanley said...

Dear Sue
I like what you have done with the candy cane and a lovely sentiment.
I love this card!
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a brilliant idea using two candy canes as a heart (I wish I had half of your creativity). I love today’s card!
Hugs x
Heather T

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x I love how you have used the candy canes to make the heart x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

Fabulous card. X

Helen Bell said...

A lovely bright Christmas card. Love the colours.

Love Helen xxx