Saturday 20 July 2024

All Geared Up To Celebrate

Hello crafters!  I embossed a piece of white card using the Metal Effect stencil.  I cut the screwdriver border from the Assorted Tool Border set four times out of black card.  I glued them around the edge of the embossed background to create a faux frame.  Using the cog border twice from the same set, I cut it out of brushed silver card and nipped it apart to create four corners and glued them into place.  From the Classic Car die set, I cut the Volkswagen out of aqua card and tried to make it look like the Love Bug (from the old movie) by adding flowers to it, cut from the Blossom Patch die set.  I added it with mounting foam.  I cut the All Geared Up To Celebrate sentiment  out of aqua card and matted it onto the shadow backing die cut in white.  I added it above the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7"  in size.  


All for now,  Sue x




















































                                                                        
                                                  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, lovely card. Love Jean xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is gorgeous, it reminds me of the 60's when flower power was all the rage, love the way you have done the card, brings back so many memories.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x I love the frame and how you have used the cog border to create the corners x herbie looks brilliant with his flowers on x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Ohhh Yes this is lovely. In my opinion this card would be great for a young lady who has just passed her driving test. She would be so happy that she had achieved the pass ... And then to receive this beautiful card ..... She would be over the moon. Thankyou Sue. Another classic card. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Scottydog said...

Flower Power at its best! This would bring back many memories for people around in the 60/70s! It’s great, thank you Sue.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Definitely reminds me of flower power, great memories from your beautiful card. Yvonne

Liz said...

Great card, I love your beautiful ‘Love Bug’.
Liz xx

Anonymous said...

Like the idea but possibly stamps might have been a better fit. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A brilliant card, love the flowery Beetle and how you’ve used the cog border in the corners

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, great colours xx Hazel

sued99 said...

Great card. X

cr@fty said...

Good afternoon Sue
I’m late posting today because I’ve been embossing all my old folders and the one you’ve used today is one of them. I forgot how many beautiful folders I have. Todays card is fabulous and in a great colour combination.
Hugs x
Heather T

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great fun post - love it...

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, something a little different today. I think there should be more cars like this, it would certainly brighten up the roads :-)

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

An unusual card today.

Love Helen xxx