Thursday 25 July 2024

Happy Halloween

Hello bloggers!  I thought I would share a less scary card that uses the Jack-O-Lantern die set.  I covered a piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I peeled the backing paper off and laid down white pumpkins, alternating the shape and style of the pumpkin.  I used Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the remaining exposed sticky areas.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangles, I cut a thin white frame.  I added mounting foam to the back edges and attached it to a piece of white card.  I added it to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the Happy Halloween sentiment out of both orange and black card.  I shadowed the orange sentiment with the black one and glued it to the inside of the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimension are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x





                                                                                
                                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another stunningly elegant card, it is always nice to see a mainly white card and layers with just one part of the card in a bright red colour, well done with this one Sue.

Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs, June Smith xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I just love the font of this die! I find your Halloween dies and cards scarily cute lol
Hugs x
Heather T

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, lovely card, love the clean look and the font of the sentiment. Love Jean xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is fantastic, love the white on white with the pumpkins (Jack o Lanterns) with the pop of colour on the sentiment. Bx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fab post. Love how you’ve softened the card using the white and let the sentiment do all the work.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous white on white card with your fabulous pumpkins & I love the font on your sentiment. Yvonne xx

Beryl said...

Love the card.

Anonymous said...

How unusual to see a mainly white Halloween card; great idea. WakeyL

Carole Eaton said...

White and red we say blood and bandages in the uk! Very atmospheric

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I loved seeing all your Halloween cards over the past two days, I didn’t comment because I don’t make these cards and didn’t want my name to go into the draw. Hope someone who will use your fabulous dies is the lucky winner. Love the white on white card with the pumpkin background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I have enjoyed seeing all the clever Halloween cards and wish you every success with the dies and good luck to everyone that would like to win them. I like today's card with the pumpkins as a frame and they are good value with their changeable faces.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue

I like this more subdued card. The faces are great.

Love Helen xxx

sued99 said...

Love the clean lines of this card. X

Denise Bryant said...

Such a fun idea with the jack-o-lanterns! It adds an awesome texture to the card! Great sentiment too!

Michelle Stanley said...

Dear Sue
What an effective card, without too much bright colours for Halloween….I love it!
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card sue, I love it xx Hazel