Friday 19 July 2024

Tis The Season

 Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by embossing a piece of white card with the Falling Snow embossing folder.  Next I cut the two of the  Looped Ovals in red and matted them together.  Using the Candy Canes die set,  I cut both of them in white and backed them in white.  I cut the candy canes again out of both red and green and then paper pieced the red and green stripes back into the die.  I crisscrossed them and added them to the Looped ovals.  I cut a bow from the set out of green glittered card and added it across the candy canes with some foliage from the set.  I cut holly leaves and berries and added them to the top corners.  I cut the Tis The Season die out of green card and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size. 


https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-festive-candy-canes-craft-die/

All for now, Sue x























                                                                    

                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a strange coincidence, I purchased this die recently and it arrived yesterday so I can have a play, I have all the other dies so you can guess what I will be doing over the weekend can't you. Perfect sample.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love the candy canes. Love Jean xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your lovely candy canes & your beautiful looped ovals. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card with traditional Christmas colours. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning
A lovely Christmas card today Sue. And you can't go wrong with the candy canes can you. It looks very traditional and the background really does look like it's snowing. Beautiful. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds,

Anonymous said...

Traditional and classy card. WakeyL

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A nice crisp Christmas card. The embossed background goes perfectly.

Love Helen xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love this post and for me is quite contemporary whilst still being traditional...

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card with my favourite embossing folder for Christmas, love the candy canes

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

Great card. Love those candy canes. X

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Nice card for Christmas. Yummy candy sticks
Maria x

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card. I like the way you have paper pieced the candy canes and the falling snow EF is my all-time favourite.

Frances

Scottydog said...

Great Christmas card on hottest day of the year here! lol! Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

great card sue love the colours b xxxxxxxx June Horrocks xxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the candy canes are brilliant and I love how you have used them on your card x I love the embossing folder too, I use mine so much x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue. xx Hazel

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a fabulous card!
Hugs x
Heather T