Monday 12 February 2024

You Are So Special

 Hello bloggers!  I started with a piece of white card and I cut the outer die from the Stained Glass Coneflowers into the card.  I cut the outer die again but in black card and then I used it as an offset shadow behind the original cut into the card.  I backed the piece with raspberry card. I cut the middle die in the set in black and layered it on to the outer die cut area.  I cut the Coneflowers with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the embossed white piece to colour the Coneflowers, then I glued the black die cut on top and added it to the centre of the card.  Using the Ornate Lattice Border, I cut it in white and black card.  I used the black as an offset shadow behind the white one and glued it below the Stained Glass image.  I cut the You Are So Special sentiment in both raspberry card and black card.  I shadowed the sentiment with the black die cut then added the sentiment on to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it with mounting foam to the bottom of the card.  The card was compltede with white, black and raspberry mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/2" in size. 

We will be starting the February Die Release Blog Launch here tomorrow morning at 6am UK time.  I hope you can join us then!   All for now,  Sue x






                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, looking forward to your new release xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, ' you areso special' is the perfect title from the queen of blogs, and the inspiration to so many crafters. Such a beautiful creation again today, you always pick the most stunning colour schemes for your cards.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so pretty! I’m looking forward to seeing what delights your bringing us in your new launch.
Hugs x
Heather T

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - absolutely gorgeous, and fantastic colours! Colleen xx

BridgetCG said...

morning Sue, a real beauty this morning, love the bright colours of the flowers. Looking forward to what other amazing designs you are bringing in the new release. Bx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you for the inspiration.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous post today…

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with a lovely colour combination. Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Once again, the frame is the star of the show for me. It is showing off the coneflowers quite beautifully.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.. Another beautiful stained glass card today Sue. Put together with lovely colours as well as a lovely sentiment. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well everyone.🙏

Scottydog said...

So sorry I have been missing but been laid low with a nasty chest infection. However this lovely colourful card is a real pick me up especially as I like coneflowers, just unable to grow them! Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The coneflowers look beautiful in their bright and cheerful colours, looking forward to tomorrow to see what delights you have in store for us

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Very pretty card the coneflowers are gorgeous I must try your method for colouring flowers it sounds a good idea although I doubt I'll achieve such a lovely result as you!

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. I can't believe we are at another launch already. I will do my best to be present and correct throughout the day.

Frances

sued99 said...

Such a beautiful card. I’m excited to see what you have in store for us tomorrow. X

Pawprintx4 said...

Just a gorgeous card!
Stephanie K

Judy Hollers said...

The stained glass cone flowers are some of my favorites. This is a very lovely card. Hugs.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x I love the colours x the raspberry card behind the lovely frame really makes the coneflowers pop x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Stella Munn said...

Such a bright and happy card. Love it. Thanks Sue x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much how the Ornate Lattice Border frames the fabulous Coneflowers! Amazing card!