Monday 5 February 2024

Wish Big

Hello bloggers!  I went to my cut card stash pile again for the background of today's card.  I selected some custard, blush and Arctic Blue card and cut them in one inch strips.  I added them to another piece of card with a sticky adhesive sheet added to it.  I lined up the colours next to each other and then embossed the entire piece with the Balloon embossing folder for texture. I had to extend the design so I moved it along and embossed the rest of the piece.   I cut the Stained Glass Birthday die starting from the outer die, I cut it in white.  I added the next die cut in arctic blue card.  I cut the birthday die with two pieces of white card at the same time.  I used the bottom piece to colour the image with pastel markers.  I covered it with a piece of sticky adhesive sheet and trimmed it to the edge of the oval.  I added the white die cut on top then coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I cut the Wish Big sentiment out of arctic blue card and added it to a white shadow backing die.  I used foam mounting tape and added it below the focal element.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7 3/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x 





 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous card, what a great idea of the coloured strips in the background before embossing them, it certainly helps to use up our scraps of card, yes we all have some ha ha.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, what a pretty pastel card, love the background.
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue
A beautiful pastel card to start the week thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Todays card is beautiful I love the colours they are so pretty! Well, today is my last day of looking after my friends two adorable dogs, I’m sad and happy at the same time, sad that I’ll miss the digs but happy that my friend is home.
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A very pretty pastel card today & a fabulous way to use up scraps.Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love the pastel colours you have chosen for the card today, making such a pretty, feminine creation. I think that the die you have used is so useful as it could be used for any age or gender.

Lisbeth

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a superb card, the pastel colours are really beautiful and very feminine. Love it. Bx

Anonymous said...

Great effect and way to use up strips. Love the colour palette. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Very pretty post. Though I prefer bolder colours can see this as a beautiful birthday card for the youngsters....

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Such a pretty background for your stained glass birthday die and a great way to use up left over bits of card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

hazel young said...

Gorgeous pastel card Sue xx Hazel

ursula said...

Just love the subtle colours, beautiful card...luv Ursula xx

sued99 said...

Love the pastel colours. A very pretty card. X

Lynne L said...

I love this card Sue the pastel shades re beautiful and an excellent way to use up scraps

Pawprintx4 said...

what a difference in pastel. Would be a lovely card for a little girl.
Stephanie K

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this alternative look to the Stained Glass Birthday die, a complete contrast to the usual strong colours used and I think it's perfect for any little girl into anything pink and sparkly :-)

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

What a lovely pastel card. Your creativity is amazing. Thank you for sharing your talent! Hugs.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the background looks fantastic and the birthday die is brilliant x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx