Sunday 4 February 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

 Good Sunday morning all!  I had this card from a year or so ago and never posted it so I thought I had better post it before we get to Valentine's Day!  I used some decorative papers from my stash (these were from Hobby Lobby in the US).  I cut the Pressed Shirt out of some coordinating striped paper. I added a red pocket to the shirt and a black collar and sun glasses to the pocket.  I cut a thin black strip of card and glued it across the join in the two background papers.  I cut the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment in white and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x









 
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card today. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a brilliant card, I know a number of people who would love a shirt like this or similar, clever you.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A brilliant card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a brilliant card , love the papers you have used
Marion S x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a good idea for a Valentine card when you don't have anything specifically love related in your stash. Really clever.

Lisbeth

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - another winner this morning, I love it! Colleen xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, what a brilliant card for a Male valentine greeting, great colours, thank you for the inspiration. Bx

sued99 said...

Love this card. I’ve made lots of cards with this set and they have been very popular. X

Anonymous said...

Unusual. WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card for a pesky male. Love the striped shirt.

Frances

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A great idea for a valentines card with the pressed shirt, like the papers you’ve used for the background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Pawprintx4 said...

I love that you pulled out an oldie but a goodie die set. Makes a very cute & unique Valentine's card.
Stephanie K

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the shirt die is so useful for the guys and I love how you have used it on your valentines card x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Awesome card Sue, I love it xx Hazel

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a fantastic card I love the colours!
Hugs x
Heather T

Judy Hollers said...

This shirt is very cool! Great card!