Friday 2 February 2024

Birthday Wishes

 Hello bloggers!  It was back to the scrap box for today's card background.  I used black, white and silver sparkle card cut into one half inch strips.  I covered a piece of card with a sticky adhesive sheet then lined up the strips of card tightly to each other.  Next I cut two of the Looped Ovals in white and matted them together and attached them to the centre of the card.  I cut  Mittens the cat in white and used a black marker to fill in her patches.  I cut the envelope out of blush card and added a darker pink heat to it then added it in her mouth.  I cut the Birthday Wishes sentiment in black and added the words to a white shadow backing die and added them in opposite corners.  I cut several hearts out of old rose card and scattered them on the top and bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white, black and old rose mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8" in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is gorgeous, love it, the background is purrrrfect for showing off the wonderful cat, your onto a winner with this one xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today for any cat lover. Yvonne x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Mittens is looking so cute, I love the background your definitely the background Queen!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a cute card with mittens, love the use of scraps for the background.Bx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful card today. Love everything about it and it would work equally as well with the dogs.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
My apologies for not commenting the on for the last two days. We have both been down with this 24 hour bug that seems to be spreading around. Feels like a mild flu but never really comes out. Miserable is how we felt. Feeling much better now after two nights of Beechams. So happy about this as I am going to see STRICTLY COME DANCING,THE TOUR 💃💃💃 tonight in Leeds with my sister.

TODAY'S CARD. Ohhh how cute Mittens is this morning. I know this will appeal to all our kitty friends. And I love the striped background. I think all our cat lovers would love their post delivered like this.Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I absolutely love this! Mittens is adorable! Colleen xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, please can I save this card until my birthday much later in the year? I love the almost monochromatic look with just a few pink touches, it is beautiful as of course is Mittens.

Ann Topp - hope you feel well enough to properly enjoy the Strictly show.

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

Mittens is so precious. She is also quite classy in this black and white theme. Love the card. Hugs.

sued99 said...

I love this card so much. Please can we have more cat dies please! I have cut some felt cats out using this die and am using them on a small cushion for my granddaughter’s birthday present. X

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Mittens is so cute and I agree with Sue99 that I would also like to see some more cat dies to keep up with the number of dogs LOL

Lisbeth


hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

A lovely card Sue
Marion S x