Monday 19 February 2024

Sincere Thanks

Hello there my crafty friends!   I started this card by cutting a piece of white card and using the swirl stamp from the Sending Sunshine stamp set all around the edges of the card.  Once stamped, I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick distress ink and Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  I covered it with a sticky adhesive sheet, then peeled off the backing paper and coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I cut a smaller piece of white card and matted it with a piece of Periwinkle card and a black card mat.  I added it to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  Using the Layered Hydrangea die, I cut the stem and leaves in shades of green.  I cut the flower heads out of Periwinkle card and inked the edges with Worn Lipstick.  I assembled the flower head and added it to the stems and leaves and attached it to the card.  I cut the Sincere Thanks sentiment out of black card an attached it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added the sentiment below the flower.  I added several clear water crystals randomly to the background.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8 1/4"  x  8 1/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A lovely card. I especially like the sparkly background you’ve created and the colours you’ve chosen.

Love Helen xxx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is gorgeous, not only have we the stunning Layered Hydrangea flower in all it's glory but we have a beautiful glittery background to show it off, I do like this one. Thank you for sharing it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Absolutely stunning, I love your beautiful sparkly background that shows off your lovely hydrangea.Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the background against the focal element
Marion S x

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love the swirly stamp and the background you’ve made using it. Today’s card is gorgeous!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card today with the Hydrangea layered die, great colours. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. The stamped background really makes the card for me. What a great idea to add stamps to your collection again.

Lisbeth

sued99 said...

This is lovely. The sparkly swirly background looks amazing and sets off the flower perfectly. X

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. A beautiful card today Sue. I am so in love with this background stamp. I know it's a swirl stamp ... But it looks like a paisley pattern to me ... And I love paisley. And your new layering dies are just the best. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏 everyone. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a pretty card and a gorgeous backdrop for the hydrangea! Colleen xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the swirls of Sending Sunshine, they looks so beautiful as background! Beautiful layered Hydrangea too!

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
You’ve created a beautiful background to show off the lovely layered hydrangea

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

rolfi said...

Hi Sue,

love the frosted effect of your background very much.

Rolf xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. Love the colours of the stamped and sparkled background repeated on the hydrangea.

Frances

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Love this!
Sharon in Toronto

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful...

Little Largo said...

Hello

The layered hydrangea looks perfect in its surroundings. Great colours and as others have already said the background is really neat. I can see that swirly stamp getting lots of use.

Little Largo x

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Gorgeous card I love the glittery background you've created

Liz said...

Gorgeous card.

Liz xx

Judy Hollers said...

Thank you for all the detail you have worked into this beautiful card. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers! Hugs.

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

Scottydog said...

A lovely card, I like blue hydrangeas (I only have pink ones) & I like the idea of the swirly background. Thank you Sue.

ursula said...

Love your background, beautiful hydrangea….luv Ursula xx