Sunday 30 June 2024

Life Is Too Short To Drive Boring Cars

Good Sunday morning all!   I selected a printed paper from my craft stash, then found three colours of card to match it.  I cut a wide strip of each of the three colours of card and taped them together from the back.  I embossed them using the Brick Wall embossing folder.  Next I cut a mat from the Looped Rectangles in black.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangles, I cut a matching black frame and added it to the Looped Rectangle mat with mounting foam.  I cut the Volkswagon from the Classic Cars die set out of the spotted paper.  I added a piece of white card for the windows and used a fine tipped black felt pen to add in the details of the car.  I added it to the inside of the frame with mounting foam.  I stamped the sentiment from the Classic Car stamp set in black and matted it with a thin black mat.  I added it beneath the frame with mounting foam.  I cut two of the cog border from the Assorted Tool Border die set in black and glued them to the sides of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size. 


 All for now, Sue x         









                                                           











                                       
                                                                                    
                                                              Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, well that car is certainly not boring! Great card! Love Jean xxx

June Smith said...

God morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, wow this really is some car, reminds me of the 1960's flower power era only with spots. Great card.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely fun card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow what a brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x the stamped sentiment is very fitting for your spotty car x such a fun creation x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a fabulous fun card. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
well that car would never look boring on the streets,
a great card x

Scottydog said...

Love it! Made me chuckle! You wouldn’t lose that in the car park! Thank you Sue.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, what a fabulous fun card, really great for someone who has just passed their test maybe. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
My first car was a Beetle but it certainly didn’t look like that although it was bright orange, a great fun card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use a patterned paper for the car.WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great fun card that would bring a smile to any recipient's face.

Frances

Liz said...

Brilliant card, I love the spotty car.
Liz xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi sue
A fun card.

Love Helen xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

What a great post and quite unique- love it

sued99 said...

Love this card. Will have to give it a try. X

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a fabulous fun card!
Hugs x
Heather T