Tuesday 25 June 2024

Have A Roaring Good Time

Hello bloggers!  I cut the Art Deco Skyline Background out of both silver and black card.  I shadowed the silver die cut with the black die cut, then added a white backing to it.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangles, I cut a white frame.  I glued a piece of acetate to the back of it then added it over the background with mounting foam.  Next I cut the Elegant Stroll first out of milk card and I used it for the base.  I cut it again out of cobalt blue card and nipped away the dress, hat, gloves and shows and glued them onto the base die cut.  I used coloured pencils to colour her hair and skin.  I cut the dog out of gray card and glued it on to the base piece.  I added her with mounting foam to the corner of the frame.  I cut the Have A Roaring Good Time out of both cobalt blue and black card.  I shadowed the sentiment with the black die cut then glued it to the top of the background.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x


























                                                                          
                                                   Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, lovely card, do love the dress on the elegant lady. Love Jean xxx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful creation with the fabulous background and the lovely lady with dog, perfect for so many occasions, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
I was never sure about art deco because I had only seen card packs but not dies. However, I have got to say I love your Art Deco dies and the cards you have made with them! You definitely converted me.
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Another fabulous Art Deco card. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
another brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A gloriously fabulous card.
B xx

DebE Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous deco post. Particularly like the background die and the colours are fab.

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very elegant card. Love the colours and the dress on the lady.

Love Helen xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Ohhhh Sue. This has taken my breath away ... I love it. I love the colours and the cute little dog is so lovely. Another winner from me
Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely card which really captures the style of the art deco era.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. The shading on even the arms is so detailed. WakeyL

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a stunning card, the cobalt blue is so beautiful. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful art deco card, I do love the skyline background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat L, Belfast

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card with your gorgeous elegant lady, love it.

Frances

sued99 said...

A gorgeous card. X

Judy Hollers said...

Love, love, love this Elegant Stroll die. Beautiful! Hugs.

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the lady looks so glamorous in her attire , the colours are beautiful x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Little Largo said...

Hello

A great card. The background die is perfect for the glamorous and elegant lady in the foreground.

Little Largo x

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a glamorous card it’s beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

Scottydog said...

A very elegant Art Deco card. Thank you Sue.