Tuesday 28 February 2023

You Are So Special

Hello there my crafty friends!  I started with a couple of pieces of silver sparkle card.  I used alcohol inks across both of them in a diagonal manner.  I used Sailboat Blue, Raspberry, Citrus and  Sunshine Yellow alcohol inks on them.  Next I used a border from the Decorative Borders die set and cut it twice into the top of the card and twice into the bottom of the card.  Using the You Are So Special Block sentiment, I used a small leftover piece of the rainbow card and cut just the sentiment portion of the die.  I attached the rainbow card behind the top and bottom borders.  I cut the You Are So Special Block Sentiment out of white card.  I added it onto the outer decorative die from the Just Because Block Sentiment which I cut in black.  I glued a black shadow on to the rainbow cut sentiment and glued it on to the Block sentiment background.  I cut the Jocelyn die in white, cut it in half and seated the block sentiment die cut on top of it, then attached it to the centre of the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/2"  x  8"  in size. 

Just a quick note to let you know that Jamie Rodgers will be on Hobby Maker with his brand new collection called Wings Of Wonder today at 4pm and Wednesday at 3pm.  I hope you can set aside some time to watch Jamie's shows and his amazing demonstration!  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

32 comments:

hazel young said...

Lovely bright rainbow card Sue xx Hazel

Steph Cotterill said...

Morning Sue and all that pop in.
I'm one hundred percent sure that if I tried anything like this we'd need a new carpet in the room I 'play ' in and possibly a visit to the decorating shop, pigs ear doesn't even go close the mess I'd make lol although millions have been made by blowing paint through a straw hasn't it.... hmmmm maybe worth a try don't you think? Lol
A pretty, different but really happy sample today.
Love to all and hope everyone is well xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A bright and beautiful card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely bright card.
B xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is so different,a lovely card and of course the sentiment. Take care everyone x

Marion Scott said...

A lovely card Sue, the alcohol inks are so colourful
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful rainbow card with a fabulous sentiment. Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What lovely bright colours you have chosen for the background for today's card which may be a bit busy for the whole background. However, by showing a small amount through the apertures of the die cuts there is just enough showing through so that we can see the colours in just the right amount.

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I’m loving these colourful backgrounds they are so pretty! Your card is beautiful and The sentiment is lovely!
Hugs x
Heather T

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous bright and cheerful card this would brighten anyones day!

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. Although this is a bright and cheery card today ... I am afraid it doesn't rock my boat somehow. So sorry Sue. This is only my opinion and Hoping you are not offended in any way. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely bright and cheerful card. Makes you feel happy. Love the colours you have used and the sentiment is great.

Barbara V

Beryl said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

love the vibrant colour ways used Sue. WakeyL

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, I love the border die. xx

Deb E isle of Wight said...

A real cheerful and pick me up post. Love the use of the bright colours....

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, absolutely fabulous, love the coloured background , sentiment and everything.

Yes I will be watching Jamie xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

ursula said...

Absolutely love this, those colours are amazing, a card to cheer the recipient...luv Ursula xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the alcohol inks showing through the decorative border die an then repeated in the bold sentiment, super card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really vibrant card. The alcohol inks are such strong colours, love that just a touch of the background shows through and is then reflected in the sentiment.

Frances

Pawprintx4 said...

Steph C, you can do this and its really not very messy if you prepare. Very quick. I did with a couple of friends who are not much into alcohol inks and everyone enjoyed the technique. Easy & different.
Love this card. I loved this entire launch and use it all the time.
Stephanie K

BridgetCG said...

Hello Sue, todays card is lovely, bright and cheerful, brought a smile to my face. Take care and stay warm everyone. Bx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x lovely bright colours and the dies look brilliant x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Eunice Astle said...

Lovely card Sue love the alcohol ink colors you chose!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous coloured background. Please could you tell me what
Inks you are using and why the silver card ?
Hugs to you all, Maria x

sued99 said...

Lovely bright card.

Scottydog said...

A lovely colourful, cheerful card today. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

A lovely bright card
Marlene O

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card! xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A nice bright vibrant card.

Love Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A very colourful card loving your colours and inspiration.
Owlish Xx

dj from kettering said...



How did I miss this yesterday?? Gorgeous!

Doreen x