Thursday 7 September 2023

Spooky Greetings

Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by creating the background first.  I used a piece of black card and painted it with Crackle Glaze and set it aside to dry overnight.  Next I mixed Warm White Matte Chalk Paint with a tiny bit of Chocolate Gold metallic paint and painted it all over the dried crackle glaze.  It will immediately begin to crackle (but you have to use the matte chalk paint for it to work).  I set it aside to dry and cut the Spooky Tree die twice out of black card.  I cut a round circle of yellow card to use as the moon.  I glued the trees and moon onto the background.  I cut a frame using the Round Corner Squares and added it with mounting foam to the background.  I cut the devil out of the Trick Or Treaters die set in milk card.  I used a fine tipped black pen to trace the face and other items on the die.  I used markers to colour the devil then added him inside the frame in the lower corner.  I cut the Spooky Greetings in white and glued it to the lower left corner.  I added some bats to the background as accents.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  7 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x




 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue.
Another lovely nod to Halloween. Although it's not all that big here I do love to see those facial expressions they make your characters more lovable and comical.
Hope everyone is coping with this awful oppressive heatwave and please stay safe xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant backgroundand spooky card.
Thank you take care Kitty.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I agree with Steph about the facial expressions on the Halloween samples.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Those trees are really spooky I am now at home. Hugs to all that visit today x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card, I love your crackled background. Your trees are are really spooky & of course your little devil is so cute. Yvonne xx

Beryl said...

Love the card.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Well you’ve done it again! I’m smiling from ear to ear😊 I just adore every character! Fabulous card and thank you for the smile!
Hugs x
Heather T

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I love this - very effective indeed, and the characters are so funny! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Another fantastic card for Halloween great colours πŸ‘Œ
Owlish Xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great post using fab Halloween dies.

Marion Scott said...

Hello Sue,
A great card, love how you have created the background
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a brilliant card, the background is perfect for a spooky card. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love your little Red Devil and your crackle background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Hellma said...

Great card

JAO said...

Love The Spookey tree, fun card

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

This is a terrific scene!
Sharon in Toronto

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x I remember you showing me this background technique at ally pally and you gave me the confidence to try, and I've had lot's of success since so a big thank you xxx the Halloween cuties have such character, I love them x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

Great card.x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A brilliant card. The characters are so cute and the background is fabulous.

Barbara V

hazel young said...

Awesome spooky card Sue xx Hazel

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this card. Thanks for reminding me about the crackle technique, I haven't done that for a long time, time to re-visit it I think.

Crewe Trish - I think I missed your birthday yesterday, I'm so sorry. Belated Happy Birthday to you.

Frances

Anonymous said...

dear sue it’s the figures that make me smile i love the colours that makeup the card that are very clever thank you sue even though i don’t use them i think they are so clever stay safe my friends xxxxxx June Horrocks

Anonymous said...

Love the crackle background and the cute little devil
Marlene O

Pawprintx4 said...

I am all in for your Halloween dies (and Jamie's). So much fun. The tree is great & I love the crackle past background.
Stephanie K

lindyloo12Somerset said...

I just love all your Halloween Cards!