Sunday 5 May 2024

Sending Sunshine

 Hi crafters!  I embossed a piece of white card with the Padded Quilt Embossing folder.  I cut it on the diagonal and added it to a piece of white card.  I cut a thin black strip and added a thinner yellow strip to it then glued it across the join area.  I cut the Hazel Die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used alcohol ink markers to colour the white copy, then I glued the black die cut on top.  I added it to the top of the card with mounting foam.  I stamped the sentiment from the Sending Sunshine stamp set and cut it out with the middle oval from the Hazel die set.  I added it to the die cut with mounting foam.  Using the Cosmos die, I made a white and yellow flower and seated it at the top corner of the join between the two background pieces.  I added some green leaves and I cut the Bauble Branch in black and glued it to the bottom of the flower.  The card was completed with white and black mat and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x






                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love the flowers! Love Jean xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really beautiful and cheerful card that would make anyone smile

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card & I love & use your quilted embossing folder on many of my cards.Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Such a pretty card today. I love the flourish in the bottom left hand corner and it is so nice to see the return of die cut flowers.

Lisbeth

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, you have done it again, absolutely stunning, love the yellow flower on the black scroll, and the gorgeous centre piece, going to have a go at this one.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is so pretty and the colours are gorgeous! Colleen xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Todays card is so pretty! The bauble branch is my constant ‘go to’ die it’s such a versatile die with very clever designing!
Hugs x
Heather T

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card and the yellow used really gives it a sunshine feel, love it
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card with the bright spring yellow, made me smile. Bx

Scottydog said...

A lovely summery card & the sentiment has worked - we have sunshine. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

Your card delivered exactly what it said - sunshine. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, love the flower seated on the bauble branch and I so wish I had that embossing folder

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful bright and cheerful card full of sunshine. I love the offset diagonal cut it really draws the eye to the cosmos.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Very pretty.

Love Helen xxx

BenteS said...

Beautiful card! The flowers are gorgeous :))

Anonymous said...

love this very pretty cared sue the colours are beautiful thank you sue xxxxxxxJune Horrocks

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card.x

Beryl said...

Stunning card.

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue What a fabulous card I love the combination of dies and the EF

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the Hazel die is so pretty and I love how you have used the bauble branch on the diagonal it's such a versatile die x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card! Love all the dies you used and that elegant EF, a great design!

hazel young said...

Beautiful card, Sue xx Hazel