Saturday 11 May 2024

All Geared Up To Celebrate

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of black gloss card for today's background.  Using the Assorted Tool Borders, I cut the border with the tools linked end to end out of black card nine times.  I glued them along the background from top to bottom all the way across the black gloss card.  Next I used the Double Stitched Rectangles and cut a frame out of black gloss card.  I added mounting foam to the back of it and attached it to a piece of milk card.  I cut the Volkswagon Beetle from the Classic Car die set out of taupe card.  I used a pencil to add in all the detail and a white pencil to add some highlights to the car.  I added it inside the frame with mounting foam.  I cut the All Geared Up To Celebrate sentiment in black and added it to a milk card shadow.  I seated the sentiment below the car.  The card was completed with milk and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size. 

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-dream-car-collection-classic-cars-craft-die/

 All for now, Sue x 








 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a great male card, I especially like the accuracy of the tools that are on the die, it is a perfect backdrop for the wonder card.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card, love it
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Another fabulous card for a car enthusiast!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue love this one l know lots off people who
would love this one thank you my friend xxxxxxxstay safe and well my friends June Horrocks

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card with my favourite VW Beetle, love the tool border background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fab card, love the background and the monochromatic colourway. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, another fabulous male car, love it. Love Jean xxx

Lynne L said...

Great card I like thd debossed detail 9n the tools and of course the
Beetle car is fantastic

Anonymous said...

Love this card. WakeyL

Scottydog said...

A great card! I just love the tool striplet die & have used it on so many cards already. Thank you Sue.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Fab post - who doesn't love a beetle...

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card suitable for most males and even Beetle owning ladies who don't like a fuss.

Frances

sued99 said...

Great card. I do really like the sentiment as it’s a bit different to the usual happy birthday. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the beetle is such an iconic car and your die is spot on x I love how you have used the tools in the background x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel