Sunday 12 November 2023

Fabulous Friend

Good Sunday morning all!  I started today's card by using a large piece of white Yupo card.  I grabbed a bunch of alcohol inks and dripped the various colours all over the card.  I set it aside to dry well while I cut the rest of the card.  Using a piece of black card, I randomly cut the centre die from the Art Deco Ornate Tile die into the black card.  Once I had it all cut, I glued it to the brightly coloured piece of alcohol inked card.  I cut the large die from the Art Deco Grand Labels in white and added a white backing to it.  I attached it to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the Fabulous Friend in black and glued it to the label die.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another very colourful background, looks amazing behind the black art deco die, gorgeous.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a great card , so colourful
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous colourful card today. Yvonne xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card very colourful. Hugs to all that visit today x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A lovely bright and cheerful background to offset the fab deco dies- love it

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely colourful card.

Barbara V

Dj from kettering said...



A lovely cheerful card for today, love the background
colours.


Doreen x

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a pretty and very cheerful card! And an inspired use for the Art Deco die! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Very colourful card today very pretty art deco you do well.
Owlish Xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Not too sure about this one. To me, it looks at bit confused and busy. I suspect I may have a different opinion if the background colours were more muted as I think the actual design is quite a good idea.

Lisbeth

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous background with the alcohol inks and the art deco tile, love it

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

A very different card. I’ve looked at it a few times and am still not sure whether I like it or not! The colours are so bright and gorgeous though. X

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Lovely colourful card to feast our eyes on today!
Hugs x
Heather T

Pawprintx4 said...

WOWZERS! This is a wake up card this morning. Very cheery, colorful & great to send a special friend. Yupo paper is so much fun.
Stephanie K

Hellma said...

Love the colourful background in todays card

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love the mad mix of colours that make up the beautiful background of this card.

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

Fabulous background for a Fabulous Friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, I’m so sorry , but this is far to busy for me
Marlene O

BridgetCG said...

Hello Sue, I love the bright colours of this card, cheerful on a wet wintry day. Bx

ursula said...

Oh such beautiful vibrant colours, super card….luv Ursula xx

Betty McAlister said...

Hi Sue. I do like the kaleidoscope of colours on your background. Lovely card x

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Love the gorgeous colours on the background and of course the Art Deco die!

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel