Wednesday 29 November 2023

Birthday Wishes

 Hello crafters!  I started today's card by cutting an aperture in the middle of a piece of white card using the Art Deco Ornate Tile die.  Next I embossed it with the Tidal Sands Embossing folder.   I added mounting foam to the back of the embossed piece to raise it and added it to a piece of deep purple card.   Next I cut the Art Deco Fan Border out of black card and I extended it to make a longer border.  I cut the border down the middle to make two separate borders.  I cut two long thin pieces of black  card and glued them to the cut sides of the border.  I glued the two borders to each side of the card.  Using the Art Deco Ornate Tile die, I cut it out of wisteria card.  I cut the die again but out of black card this time.  I shadowed the wisteria die with it then added it to the centre of the card recessing it into the aperture.  I cut the Art Deco Birthday Wishes out of white and black card.  I shadowed it then glued it to the middle of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8 1/4"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x





 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful art deco creation and the tidal sands is s great backdrop to show of the dies, brilliant.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

A wonderful Art Deco card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Alovely card it really flows thank you/
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful Art Deco birthday card today.I love the tidal sands embossing folder which goes really well with these dies. Yvonne xx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what Art Deco gorgeousness today! Absolutely love it! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A beautiful art deco card. Love the background EF and the colours are gorgeous.

Barbara V

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a beautiful card I love the colours. Hugs to all that visit today x

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful art deco card, love the embossing folder too
Marion S x

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Such a beautiful art deco card and the tidal sands embossing folder compliments it perfectly!
Hugs x
Heather T

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Not sure today and don’t know why… I usually love all the deco creations…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely art deco card today and I am glad that you have reminded us that the border dies can be extended for larger cards. Love the embossing folder that you have used for the background.

Lisbeth

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card this morning, great colour combo too. Bx

Anonymous said...

The lilac and black works for me. Great card and range. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Your art deco ornate tile die is beautiful as is your card
Heather T, belated happy birthday for yesterday and what a lovely present winning Sue’s new release

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love the purple, wisteria and black centrepiece, just not too sure about the background.

Frances

sued99 said...

Lovely card. X

Maria said...

Hi Sue
Lovely card.
Congratulations to Heather and happy birthday for yesterday. Hope you had a nice day.
Maria x

Anonymous said...

a beautiful art deco card thank you sue xxxx June Horrocks

Ann Topp said...

Good Evening Sue and all that visit today.
I am loving these Art Deco sample cards Sue. Such wonderful shapes and designs. Even your lovely embossing folder fits in place with the main dies. I am hoping Santa Clause will have a few of these dies to put in my stocking in a few weeks time. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

Betty McAlister said...

A gorgeous Art Deco card Sue. Xx