Monday 17 July 2023

Warm Winter Wishes

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of Blue Dusk card and Arctic Blue card for the background.  I matted the blue dusk with a slightly larger piece of arctic blue card.  I cut the Stained Glass Snowman die starting with the largest outer frame.  I cut it out of Arctic Blue card then sprayed it with glue and glittered it with Diamond Sprinkles.  I cut the middle die in white and black, shadowed it the added it to the centre of the snowman frame.   I cut the snowman in black to use as the base.  I cut the die again out of blue, white, black and used the fall away piece to paper piece it back into the base.  I cut the nose in orange and the buckle on the hat in gold and added them.  I cut the Warm Winter Wishes from the Christmas Wordie sheets and added it above the snowman with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue.
What a cute happy wintery smile as we slowly move out of July and reading news reports of heatwaves throughout Europe lol.
Beautiful, I do love your Stained Glass dies they give us so many variations to make someone smile. Only you know how to 'do' Stained Glass dies properly.
Love to all that visit today xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A fantastic card. The stained glass Snowman is lovely.

Barbara V

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
What a cool guy he is well suited to the very cool weather we are having.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

Anonymous said...

what a happy chap this snowman isagreat sue wilson creation i love it thank you sue love to all who visit the blog today June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Your stained glass dies are beautiful,thank you Sue. Hugs to all that visit today x

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, Oh how cute this snowman looks with the two shades of blue as a background, then the outer frame cover in glitter, the white and black middle layer and then the Snowman himself, love his black and gold hat too. I love the paper piercing so this is right up my street, gorgeous.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with your lovely stained glass Snowman, I love doing paper piecing as I find it so therapeutic. Yvonne xx

dj from kettering said...



He is a happy chappie, isn't he?? Such
a lovely card.


Doreen x

Scottydog said...

What a happy snowman! I love the frames around your stained glass. Thank you Sue.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue, love the jolly snowman and I love the design of the card with all the wintery colours and glitter.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love it....he's such a cute snowman and as I always comment think that these frames are some of the best you've done....

Hellma said...

Stunning Christmas card

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this beautiful card and Mr Frosty looks so happy surrounded by his sparkly frame.

Frances

sued99 said...

I love this cheeky snowman card. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card with the jolly snowman

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Sue,
I especially like the outer die covered in glitter, it makes everything just pop
Marlene O

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card the snowman is lovely I like the added sparkle too

Betty McAlister said...

A gorgeous snowman card. Ideal for all ages x

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

This card is a favourite of mine. He’s such a cute snowman and the colours are beautiful.

Love Helen xxx

Judy Hollers said...

This stained glass snow man is adorable. Lovely card! Hugs.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love todays card the snowman is so cute and the frame is beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T