Friday 7 July 2023

Peace On Earth

 Hello crafters!  I cut the Starlight Background in white and added it to a piece of white card covered with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I peeled the backing paper off, then attached the background and coated the remaining exposed sticky areas with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I cut a multi-layered frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I made a white base frame and added a thinner antique gold frame on top.  I added it to the background with mounting foam.  I cut the star from the Starlight Background in gold and glued it to the background.  I cut the 2023 Christmas Angel out of milk card.  I coloured the hair and skin then cut the die again in red and in gold.  I nipped away the dress and glued it into place then added the filigree areas in gold.  I cut the angel wings in gold then glued them to the angel and added the angel with mounting foam inside the frame.  I cut the Peace On Earth sentiment cut from the Christmas Wordie Sheets.  The card was completed with white and gold mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue and blog lovelies.
Although I'm no angel and not a lover of, I like the design of the inspiration you've shared this morning, although I think your 2023 angel could have had this design all to herself ?
Get surgery date today so unless I can figure how to get on hospital WiFi I'm doomed lol.
Love and hugs to all xxx

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Beautiful card. The sentiment is apt as the card has a peaceful feel to it to me.

Barbara V

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Like Steph I don't like angels but I love the background and the sentiment. Hugs to all that visit today x

dj from kettering said...



I'm another who is not keen on angels, but
this is a beautiful card.

Doreen x

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is gorgeous, definitely going to do this one.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is really striking with this colour combo, love the very filigree look. Bx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. A beautiful Christmas cards this morning Sue. I don't know how you do it. But all your angels are lovely. I only own three of them and they are in my specials folder. I feel I have enough with what I have already ... But please don't take offence as all them are really lovely. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

BenteS said...

Beautful, that angel is so lovely :))

Scottydog said...

A great card, I’m particularly taken by the background die. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

I say every year that I'm going to start Christmas cards early but I always fail as I the wait until the full collection is out to ensure I purchase (if I can) what I consider the most important to me. Another lovely card. WakeyL

Lynne L said...

I love all your Christmas cards and look forward to seeing them every year I particularly like the background to this card

sued99 said...

I like the colour combination of this card but I think the angel would have been enoigh on her own. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, even though I’m not a fan of angels, and like WakeyL I’m waiting for the next release of your Christmas dies before I make my choices

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

ursula said...

Our 2023 angel looks amazing on this card, so beautiful....luv Ursula xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful post...

Hellma said...

Love this card the background is great

Anonymous said...

hi sue a lovely card today reminds us to start to make our cards earlyope all goes well steph will be thinking of you i hope your fur baby is ok xxxxxxxxxjune horrocks

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

An amazing card….one for me to replicate soon as well.

Love Helen xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card and I do like this year's angel.

Frances

Anonymous said...

The sentiment is apt and I’m loving the background
Marlene O

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful angel. I love everything about this card. Hugs.

Betty McAlister said...

Beautiful Angel card but for me the star is unnecessary xx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous card!
Hugs x
Heather T

lindyloo12Somerset said...

A beautiful card!