Saturday 15 July 2023

On Your Special Day

 Hello crafters!  I started by embossing a piece of white card with the Heart To Heart Embossing folder for some texture in the background.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Rectangles out of raspberry card.  I taped together three of the dies and cut it.  I added them to a piece of white card, then cut the centre out.  I added mounting foam to the back to raise it and added it onto the embossed background.  I cut the On Your Special Day in black and glued it inside the frame.  I used the Pierced Layered Flowers and cut two flowers out of white card covered with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I added Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz to the flowers, then assembled them and added pink centres.  I seated the two flowers in the lower corner of the frame and added white leaves as accents.  I added the entire piece to a larger piece of white card where I added double sided sticky tape around the edges, the coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  9 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue.
This is my own personal opinion and its the colour.... I find the raspberry quite a harsh colour unless used to combine within a floral die, maybe the centre of a flower or as a shadow behind a sentiment or something similar. Today's inspiration is beautiful, I'm just not a lover of 'harsh pastel' that doesn't mean it's not a favourite of mine, far from it, I love it.
Hugs to you both and to all our friends that pop in today, stay safe and well xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful sparkly card & one that could suit many occasions. Yvonne xx

dj from kettering said...



A lovely card today, with added sparkle!!


Doreen x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great card. I love the pop of the colours and the glitz of the sparkle.
B xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card today and I love the sparkle. Hugs to all that visit today x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. I think this is a lovely card and very fitting for most occasions ... But I am inclined to agree with our Stephanie about the vivid pink. I love pinks but this is a bit too pink for me. I would recreate this in my favourite Blues and Turquoise shades.Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Betty McAlister said...

Hi Sue. I love this bright and sparkly card today. Gorgeous xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very bright and beautiful card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful creation today, from the glitter background behind the hearts EF, to the sentiment in the centre with the flowers, absolutely perfect, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A pretty post though for me this time not too sure on the pink (but as always I’m not a pink person) though there are many that will love the colour….

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the heart embossed background and the pretty flowers with the touch of glitter

Steph, Frances and Ann, thank you for your good wishes, much appreciated. xx

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Scottydog said...

A lovely card but would prefer a softer focal point. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

Great card; change the colour and it covers any gender or age. WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a very nice card and I do like the raspberry frame.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A beautiful card, the background is gorgeous and I love the sparkle. I would prefer a paler shade of pink.

Barbara V

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very pretty card, love the embossing folder and then the pop of colour you have used.

Love Helen xxx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love today's card with all the different textures in white with a pop of colour. I do love the raspberry frame.

Lisbeth

Liz said...

Fabulous card, I love the colour choice. xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue xthe embossing folder is lovely and the frames look brilliant x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

A very pretty card sue very useful too i love the flowers thank you sure stay safe everyone xxxxxx June horrocks xxxx

Lynne L said...

Fabulous card I love the bright pink frames and the embossing folder

sued99 said...

A pretty card. X

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sparkly card with a sentiment that would be great for any occasion
Marlene O

hazel young said...

Lovely card Sue xx Hazel