Tuesday 11 July 2023

Happy Anniversary

Hi bloggers!  I selected a piece of Arctic Blue card to use as the background.  I cut the Checkered Heart die out of white vellum and then extended the die cut to make it longer.  I added a piece of sticky adhesive sheet to the blue background, then added the extended die cut background to it.  I used Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the remaining exposed sticky areas.  Next I used the middle die from the Loving Hearts Frame and cut it in both white and black.  I used the black die cut as a shadow behind the white die cut.  I glued it to the centre of the background in a diamond orientation.  I cut the Wedding Couple in white and added it inside the centre frame.  I cut the Happy Anniversary in blue and black card.  I shadowed the sentiment then glued it to the bottom of the card.  I added two small side borders of a piece of blue card on top of a slightly wider piece of white card.  I added each one to the sides of the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x





                                 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

29 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Morning Sue, Morning everyone that comment's today.
This inspiration is definitely a Sue Wilson design, one of those you automatically smile at, it's a design we've come to know and love.
Thanks for sharing Sue.
Love to all xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great anniversary card.
B xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A stunning card. Love the background.

Barbara V

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card today I love the background. Hugs to all that visit today x

Anonymous said...

Lovely clean and simple anniversary card love the background paper colour
Elizabeth Bennett

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful anniversary card, I am going to try this, I do like a bit of glitter on cards, gorgeous.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful...I'm really beginning to love that heart background....

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Beautiful card today Sue. And just enough for an anniversary card without going over the top. And the blue background is so suitable for cards to husband from wife.Thankyou Sue
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

dj from kettering said...



Love the background!


Doreen x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful romantic card.Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really beautiful Anniversary card, love the soft blue. Bx

Anonymous said...

Like the colour; not one I'd have immediately reached for for an anniversary card. WakeyL

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a fabulous card and background!
Hugs x
Heather T

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely understated background. I wouldn't necessarily think of using vellum in this way but I think the results are really nice.

Lisbeth

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very classy card today in lovely colours.

Love Helen xxx

Hellma said...

Love the background on this lovely card

Scottydog said...

Simple but beautiful. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely anniversary card, love the heart background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
What a beautiful Anniversary card you made today love your colours etc.
Owlish Xx

BenteS said...

Beautiful wedding card :))

sued99 said...

I love the blue background and the whole card is great. X

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely Anniversay card I love the background

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really lovely card, it is beautiful. I love the way you have used vellum and glitter to create such a subtle background.

Frances

Anonymous said...

A lovely anniversary card
Marlene O

Betty McAlister said...

A lovely anniversary card. The sparkly velum background is gorgeous x

lindyloo12Somerset said...

What a gorgeous Anniversary card.

hazel young said...

Fantastic card Sue xx Hazel