Thursday 28 July 2022

Happy Birthday

Hello bloggers!  I just love this cute little guy!!  I selected a piece of white card to use for the background.  I cut a wide white frame using the Double Stitched Squares and added mounting foam to the back to raise it.  I inked a piece of white card with Crushed Olive Distress ink, sprinkled some water on it and removed some of the colour to look like raindrops.  I added the Delicate Fronds cut in green card and white vellum to cover the entire area.  I attached the square frame to it then added it to the top of the card.  I cut the Toucan in black, yellow and orange.  I used the yellow die cut as the base and cut away the body from the black die cut, leaving the area around the head and glued it to the base.  I cut the beak on the orange die cut and glued it to the base.  I added the black on the beak and the eye with a marker  I used a white pencil on the beak as a highlight.  I seated the toucan in the lower right corner of the frame with some leaves and a Hibiscus from the Tropical Flora set.  I added some more leaves and a Hibiscus in the upper left corner of the frame.  I cut the Noble Happy Birthday sentiment in both raspberry and black.  I shadowed it and glued it below the white frame.  I added two more Hibiscus and some leaves to it.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.   The finished dimensions are    7 1/4"  x  9 1/2"  in size.  

Don't forget to check back later this afternoon for the list of winners from the recent Christmas release blog launch.  You are definitely going to want to check that list to see if you are one of the lucky winners!!!  All for now, Sue x                                                    






                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

35 comments:

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the design and vibrant colours xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant colourful card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely bright birthday card, the Toucan is a great bird die. Take care and stay safe everyone. Bx

Steph Cotterill said...

What beautiful colourful inspiration. I really love your large Noble Happy Birthday die, great on large cards but perfect for a shadowed effect on a 6x6 or 7x7 the perfect quick CAS card.
Sending love and luck to all xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely bright card . Love the Toucan and the bright colours you ,have used.

Barbara V

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love the bright colours of todays card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
What a lovely,colourful card today. It would certainly stand out among the others. Take care everyone and good luck for tonight.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous bright & cheery card today with your lovely Toucan. Yvonne xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, what a gorgeous happy card! I will have to give this one a go as I have all the dies you have used. I can’t use my craft room at the moment though as it is all turned into a bedroom ready for visitors next month. Love Jean xxx

dj from kettering said...



This is such a happy card, can you imagine
a young child's face, or anyone, receiving
it on their birthdays??

Doreen x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A vibrant card, gorgeous.
B xx

Handmade by Donna x said...

Hi Sue and everyone, a gorgeous and vibrant card today. I can certainly see why you love the toucan die, he makes a wonderfully bright and happy statement.
Have a good day today whatever you have planned, hugs

Donna xx

sued99 said...

A lovely bright card to start the day. X

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a very colourful creation with the beautiful Toucan birds, the velum and green foliage and perfect sentiment, very pretty indeed.

Good Luck to everyone in the winner draw being announced this afternoon.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A lovely colourful card with your toucan die today.

Good luck today everyone.
Always amazes me after your launch finishes that the number of comments half in numbers how is that fair to Sue when most of us follow Sue all year round.
Owlish Xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A really cute card. Nice and vibrant.

Love Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

What a bright, happy card on a dull dismal day here. WakeyL

Hellma said...

Lovely cheery card

Marion Scott said...

A lovely bright colourful card Sue, love the toucan
Marion S x

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a cheerful, vibrant card! Like you, I also love the toucan - such adorable birds! Colleen xx

Pauline Austen said...

Morning Sue,
Thank you for bringing some colour into our lives at th e moment.
Loving the background. The toucan is such a pretty bird.
Crafty Hugs,
Pauline x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous cheerful post. Like with the recent run on your posts particularly loving the background.

ursula said...

A great card to cheer up somebody's birthday even more, it is so vibrant and lovely...luv Ursula xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful tropical looking card, the Noble happy birthday is my go to die for a quick clean and simple card. Good luck to everyone for this afternoon

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this card is gorgeous. Love the bright and cheerful colours and the toucan looks amazing. Because of the size this would be a very special card for someone.

Good Luck to everyone for the draw later.

Frances

Anonymous said...

love this card sue the coloured are great and the bird is brill thank you stay safe my friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx June Horrocksxcc

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the colours are gorgeous and the toucan is brilliant x I love the noble sentiment, it's so useful x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely card today. For me the best bits are the hibiscus flowers. I think nothing says tropical better than hibiscus flowers.

Lisbeth

CCM said...

A Happy card for a Happy B-day! Bright, cheerful and funny. I love every element that you have used: the green foliage, the red Hibiscus and of course, the beautiful toucan (I have the set). Who wouldn't like to receive a card like this?
You just made this rainy day a colorful one, Sue. Thank you.

Hugs from Toronto to you all.
Stay safe and healthy.
Carmen-Dorothy

Eunice Astle said...

Lovely card Sue, the colors are amazing!

Lynne L said...

Lovley card the toucan is fabulous I love the hibiscus and tge bright sentiment

Judy Hollers said...

The Delicate Fronds are beautiful as the background. The toucan is a cute bird. Hugs.

Maria said...

Hi Sue
Lovely card, so colourful and it makes you happy.
Maria x

Anonymous said...

Very fun card!! Judy from Prosser

Pawprintx4 said...

I do love these birds and this is such a cheery card to send out. Have to smile.
Stephanie K