Friday 8 July 2022

Christmas Greetings

Hello crafters!  Here's a simple card that shows off the new Christmas Angel a bit.  I started with a piece of card and covered it with a piece of sticky adhesive sheet.  I peeled the bacing off and sprinkled Golden Jewels Gilding Flakes all over.  I used a piece of Rubit Scrubit pad to move the flakes around to coat all the adhesive areas, then refine and remove the excess bits.  I used the Snowflake Solitude Embossing folder to emboss the piece.  Using the Double Stitched Ovals, I cut a multi-layered frame using a wide white base and a thinner black frame on top.  I added a white backing to it, then added it to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the Christmas Angel 2022 out of milk card and two times out of antique card card.  I used the milk card die cut as the base, then cut the dress out of the two Antique Gold card die cuts.  I glued the entire dress on to the base, then recut the dress on the second die cut so that it was shorter, to add another layer on to the top of the original one.  I cut her wings out of white card and glued them on to her back. I used a coloured pencil for her hair and added a thin black card band at her waist.   I attached the angel with mounting foam into the centre of the frame.  Using the Christmas Greetings sentiment, I cut it out of black card and added it to a white shadow, then attached it below the frame.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  

There are still several unclaimed dies from yesterday's list of winners.  Please scroll down to the post below this one to see if your name is on the list.  If so, please email me to claim your winning die.  All for now, Sue x
 



























                                                                               
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

40 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue.
I've not managed to catch up, slept a lot yesterday plus my focus isn't great.
Love to all xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Beautiful card. The background is gorgeous.

Barbara V

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Todays card is absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs x
Heather T

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I always love your Christmas Angels xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
An opulent card. I really like this angel.
B xx

Pauline Austen said...

Morning Sue, onnce again, you have given us a beautiful Angel. Crafty
Crafty Hugs,
Pauline x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Though I don't like angels this is a lovely card. Take care everyone x Steph you are just out of hospital take it easy.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue, A beautiful card with your lovely opulent Angel. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is absolutely stunning, the Angel is gorgeous, and the gilded background is perfect. Take care and stay safe everyone. Bx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the background is stunning and your angel looks beautiful x I love the layers of her dress and her pretty wings x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another beautiful sample with the new Angel, this is one of those very special cards for very special people in our lives, love it.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
This is a brilliant card love your colours and your background.
Congratulations to the winners.
Owlish Xx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - beautiful card, loving your new Christmas angel! Colleen xx

dj from kettering said...



A lovely card today, really festive!

Doreen x

rolfi said...

Hi Sue,

that´s a stunning card.
The embossing folder background is amazing.

Rolf xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The gilded and embossed background is gorgeous and I like the layout of the card, just not into angels.

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous card. The gold background looks so opulent.

Love Helen xxx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, gorgeous card! Love Jean xxx

Steph Cotterill said...

Yes Trish. Thanks xx

Carole eaton said...

Lovely card love those guilding flakes

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card and I think this year's angel is definitely the best yet.

Frances

ursula said...

This is just so beautiful, so elegant, just love the embossed backing sheet...luv Ursula xx

Anonymous said...

hi sue what a beautiful card thank you the background is stunning and the angel is stunning also. xxxxxxstay. safe my friends congrats to all the winners steph lease take it easy love you xx. june horrocks’s.

Netty The Runner said...

Stunning card Sue. The Angel is gorgeous.
Annette x

BenteS said...

Beautiful, beautiful angel :))
Love your card.

Maria said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful angel and I love the embossing folder. It has gone on my shopping list, my very long shopping list.
Take care everyone. Maria x

Pawprintx4 said...

Very pretty card yet simple to do.
Stephanie K

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful card with a beautiful angel. Love the design. Hugs.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a really opulent looking card today with all the gold. Love this angel, as I said in the launch, I think this is my favourite of your Christmas angels yet!

Lisbeth

CCM said...

The Angel is gorgeous and the card is elegant.

Hugs from Toronto to you all.
Stay safe and healthy.
Carmen-Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue and everyone, another great Christmas card idea today. Maybe a little too much gold for me but a lovely design and layout.

Congrats to all the winners yesterday.

Hugs Donna xx

sued99 said...

Congratulations everyone. I like this card although angels do not really appeal to me. X

Ann Topp said...

Good Evening Sue. A beautiful card and A beautiful Angel here Sue. I think this is one I must have.. I love the embossing on the golden flakes. You really do have some great ideas that I would never dream of attempting. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds
Please stay safe and well 🙏

Steph good to see you .... I was worried. I messaged you on messenger. Take care.x x

Jan on the Fosse said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful card with the angel.

Sue
I am one of the winners thank you but I have problem sending emails at the moment.
I will send my address as soon as it is fixed if that is O.K.
Jan x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post...

Rose in Chester said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful post
Hugs
Rose

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Stunning!