Wednesday 17 April 2024

For A Special Friend

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece from my background stash to use for the background for today's card.  It was created using the Red Oxide and Coral Crush Pixie Sparkles.  Next I cut a white oval frame using the Double Stitched Ovals.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and added it to a white Looped Ovals die cut.  Using the Layered Coneflowers die set, I cut multiple flowers out of Cardinal Red card.  I cut the leaves and stems out of green card and added brown centres to the flowers.  I arranged all the flowers inside the frame and glued them into place.  I cut the For A Special Friend sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it to the bottom of the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8"  in size.  

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/#45a8/fullscreen/m=and&q=Layered+Coneflowers

All for now, Sue x







 
                                                     Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh the background on this is perfect to showcase the wonderful flowers, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I just love the Layered Coneflowers and they look so gorgeous in red and matched with the looped oval! Fabulous card!

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a beautiful pop of colour with your beautiful Coneflowers.Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, absolutely stunning card. The flowers look fabulous in that bright red and love the sentiment. Love Jean xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What an absolutely stunning card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
The colours of the background compliment the flowers beautifully.
B xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a lovely floral card today and your great backgrounds is the perfect selection for the flowers. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Another lovely card using the build a flower dies. These at so versatile as you can build them as high as you wish or leave them flat for easy posting. And personally I love the cone flower the best. I do have another brand of cone flower but a bit bigger and by mixing the two I get a lovely bouquet. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really gorgeous post. Loving the coneflowers in the red as they really pop…

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the coneflowers and the pixie background
Marion S x

Scottydog said...

A lovely combination with the coneflowers & pixie powders. Two of my favourites! Thank you Sue.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations yesterday. I will enjoy my dies.

BenteS said...

Lovely card, and the flowers are gorgeous :))

Anonymous said...

Another great pixie background which compliments the flowers. WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this is such a pretty card and most striking. I love it.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

This is such a beautiful card. I love it.

Love Helen xxx

sued99 said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the cone flowers. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The pixied background is perfect for the gorgeous coneflowers, love the card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

S ue very pretty card a very pretty card love the flowers xxxxxxxxxJune Horrocks xxxxxx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Gorgeous card the coneflowers are so pretty and vibrant

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel