Wednesday 12 October 2022

Trick Or Treat

 Hello bloggers!  I started with a piece of Deep Navy card and I used some Golden Glow Gilding Polish randomly swiped across the card to give the feeling of an eerie sky.  I cut a giant yellow circle and used a semi dry smoothie and swiped across it with Golden Sunrise Pearlescent watercolour ink.  I cut the Haunted House with a piece of black card on top and a piece of deep yellow on the bottom.  This cuts out the Haunted House completely but just cuts the outer line on the yellow card.  I then used it as a backing behind the house to show through the windows.  I attached the house in the lower corner with a couple of the small ghosts coming out the windows.  I cut the pumpkins from the Halloween Frame in the same manner, black card on top, yellow underneath the black, then used it to back the pumpkins to show off their faces.  I attached them in the lower left corner with mounting foam.  I cut Jamie's Trick Or Treat sentiment in black and glued it on to the moon with the flying witch next to it.  I added a bunch of bats cut from gloss black card and glued them to the side of the moon.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








                   
                                               Follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
I wish we celebrated Halloween in a big way here.
This is a brilliant card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

Spooktacular card Sue, love it xx Hazel

Steph Cotterill said...

Hiya Sue.
I'm loving all the Halloween inspiration there's not one I wouldn't make, they are perfect in every spooky way.
Lots of love and safe journey to your craft room Ann xx

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I know I don't like Halloween but I do appreciate the detail that has gone into this sample xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely scary card. Take care everyone x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, another absolutely brilliant Halloween card, wish I could get all the die sets, would have such fun creating spooky greetings. Take care and stay safe everyone. Bx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Another brilliant halloween card. Very spooky. The clever ideas you show us daily, but especially today are absolutely amazing.

Barbara V

Pauline Austen said...

Morning Sue,
Well, you've done it again! ....... Fabulous card. Who but you would know how many different creative cards you can make with the same dies.
Crafty Hugs,Pauline x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Loving the post and another great collaboration with Jamie's dies. Shame we don't celebrate Halloween as much as some...

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous Spooktacular card today & you have certainly created a spooky scene. Yvonne xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. You have certainly created a very spooky atmosphere for this card. I particularly love the haunted house.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Fantastic Halloween card love your colours and pumpkins infact brilliant all round.
Owlish Xx

Anonymous said...

another great background and card. WakeyL

dj from kettering said...



Love the house, very spooky!!

Doreen x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I love the Spooky house!
Thank you for sharing.
Véronique L

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A very atmospheric spooky card, love those pumpkins

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

All your spooky cards have been brilliant inspiration sue this one is great the colours used and the dies are brill stay safe m my friends JUNE. HORROCKS c. xxxxxx. l

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. Although I am not a Halloween person as such ... I have loved all the work you have put into your Halloween cards ... This one is no exception. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs and best wishes to everyone who needs them today.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds
Please stay safe and well 🙏.

Pawprintx4 said...

Another great example of what the new Halloween dies can do. I love the dies and all the cards you have made.
Have a good midweek,
Stephanie K

sued99 said...

This is a really fun card - in a spooky way! X

BenteS said...

Great Halloween card, so many lovely details:))

Judy Hollers said...

Great card. I like the eerie sky you created! Hugs.

Hellma said...

Great card, seen some houses decorated this week in Scotland

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I too am not a halloween fan, but, really appreciate the fabulous techniques you have used in this card
Marlene O

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Wow! Such a lot of detail. Great card.

Love Helen xxx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a fantastic Halloween card!
Hugs x
Heather T

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Absolutely love this card, it makes me wish my children were still small enough to celebrate Halloween!

Rose in Chester said...

Hi Sue
A lovely Halloween card
Hugs
Rose