A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
- Home
- My Ribbon Flower Tutorial
- Fancy Nestie
- Blossoms Five Flower Bud
- Blossoms Five Full Flower
- Easel Tutorial
- Wax Paper Embossing Folder Tutorial
- Caught In Crystal
- Shaving Foam Tutorial
- Quilt Card Tutorial
- Paved Pearl Technique
- Faux Leather Technique
- Plaited Ribbon Wreath Tutorial
- Paper Rose Tutorial
Friday, 28 August 2026
Tis The Season
Hello crafters! I selected some milk card for the background and embossed it with the Padded Quilt embossing folder. Next I cut the outer die and the middle die from the Holly Wreath Octagon and cut it together out of milk card. I backed it with Old Rose card. I added it to the centre of the card with mounting foam. I cut the Tis The Season sentiment with a piece of Old Rose card on top of a piece of milk card. I used the words from the Old Rose die cut and glued them on to the shadow backing piece which was cut from the bottom milk card. I added it to the middle of the die cut with mounting foam. Using the Pierced Poinsettias, I cut each size twice and assembled the flowers. I added the largest and smallest flower to the lower left side and the medium sized flower to the opposite corner. I cut several leaves out of milk card and accented each of the flowers with them. The card was completed with milk and old rose mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 8" x 8" in size. All for now. Sue x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good morning Sue,
What a beautiful card, I love the unusual colour used. You have also used my favourite embossing folder & Poinsettia flowers. Yvonne xx
Morning Sue. A beautiful card thank you Take care all Kitty.
Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh what a gorgeous card, I love the embossing folder it is one of my favourites, the old rose card is perfect for displaying this card with the perfect sentiment as well, brilliant.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card
It's a lovely card and design but not sure if the rose colour is quite the palette I'd pick for Christmas. WakeyL
I do like this card
Elizabeth Bennett
Stunning post and has a real vintage vibe - love the colour used and can see this working alongside a blue/lilac and pink Christmas theme. 🥰
Post a Comment