Monday 30 September 2024

Merry Christmas

Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by cutting the  Snowflake Floating die out of white card.  I used spray glue on it (due to the detail, it was easier than trying to cut it with a sticky adhesive sheet attached) and coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I added small pieces of mounting foam to the back of it.  I attached it to a piece of card that I marbled using shaving foam and assorted alcohol inks (there is a tutorial on it at the top of the blog).  I had some of it leftover so I cut the oval out of it using the Double Stitched Oval die set.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to a piece of white card.  I added it to the centre of the  Snowflake Floating background.  I cut the Noble Merry Christmas out of silver sparkle card and glued it to the inside of the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/2" in size.  


All for now, Sue x






                                                                               
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the snowflake die looks amazing on top of the shaving foam background, it's such a brilliant technique with a fabulous effect x I love it x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & I love the shaving foam background, it's one of my favourite techniques. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, that snowflake die is perfect for mounting onto colourful backgrounds especially when you see the glitter on the snowflakes, very nice indeed. Another winner x

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

A beautiful card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card and very pretty background.
I showed my great grandaughter the shaving foam technique
we now have lots of background thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Lisbeth said...

Oh Sue, what a pretty card this is. It has everything I would want in a Christmas card - snowflakes and glitter. Gorgeous!

Lisbeth