Thursday 29 June 2023

Believe In The Magic

 Hello crafters!  I have another early Christmas card to share with you today.  I started by cutting the middle die from the Stained Glass Candle die set in both white and black.  I used the black die cut as an offset shadow behind the white die cut.  I cut the candle out of black to use as the base.  I also cut it in Arctic Blue, yellow, orange, dark green, ruby red and silver sparkle card.  I used the fall away pieces from each of these colours and used them to paper piece back into the base piece.  I added this piece onto the middle die cuts and attached them to a piece of silver shine card.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangles, I cut a white frame and added it with mounting foam over the background.  I used the holly sprigs from the Gingerbread House die and cut it and added it in the two upper corners.  I used Berry Sparkle Pva on the berries.  I cut the I Believe In Magic sentiment from the Christmas Wordie sheets. The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.   The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8"  in size.  All for now. Sue x



























                                                                              
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

32 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Morning Sue.
It's so lovely to see your Stained Glass designs again it really is xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Gorgeous card the candle is beautiful.

Barbara V

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

dj from kettering said...




Now, this is just my sort of card, lovely!!


Doreen x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is lovely card today thank you Sue. Hugs to all that visit today x

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, Oh this is gorgeous, yes I absolutely love paper piecing and the colours are superb, the finish touch of the 2 holly corners on the top rally finish it off beautifully, going to have a play at this one.xxx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. Gorgeous Christmas card today. Although I am not a lover of the stained glass cards ... You make them stand out. And I have seen some lovely cards !are over the years using these dies and techniques. Thankyou sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, I love the stained glass dies and techniques.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card & I love paper piecing. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a brilliant Christmas card, love the silver sparkle candle. Take care everyone. Bx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Liz said...

Beautiful card. xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christmas card the paper piercings looks good
Elizabeth Bennett

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Another great Christmas card today loving your colours.
Owlish Xx

Anonymous said...

Very classy Christmas card. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really beautiful post. These stained glass frames are definitely some of my all time favourite dies...

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue and all. This is gorgeous - a serene Christmas candle, absolutely love it! Colleen xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card, love the stained glass candle!

Scottydog said...

A lovely clean, bright looking card. Ideal design for your paper piecing which I love to do. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card with the Christmas candle, love the silver shine card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

ursula said...

Another lovely traditional Christmas card…luv Ursula xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous card. Love how you have paper pieced it. Still eagerly awaiting my prize so that I can replicate this and other cards you’ve made. Just have to be patient!

Love Helen xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card and I really like the clean lines of the whole design.

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

Another beautiful stained glass design. Love the candle and the colors you have used. Hugs.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I like all the Christmas stained glass window dies this year and, of course, they don't just have to be used for paper piecing, there are lots of other techniques that can be used such as acetate with glitter or enamels which I used to do all those years age when I first started papercrafting.

Lisbeth

sued99 said...

Wonderful card. X

Hellma said...

Candles are not my thing but this card is truly spectacular

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the paper pieced candle looks brilliant x I love the added Holly in the corners, it really brings the whole card together x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stained glass window x

lindyloo12Somerset said...

I love all your paper piecing cards, this one is lovely!

BenteS said...

Beautiful! Love the stained glass dies:))