Friday 19 May 2023

Birthday Wishes

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of Pixied card from my background stash pile.  I used Lava Red, Burnt Orange and Sun Yellow Pixie Powders on this piece.  I cut two white frames using the Double Stitched Circle dies.  Before adding mounting foam to them, I taped them to the edge of the card so that they were going slightly off the card, then cut them even with the edge.  I added mounting foam to them and attached them to the edge of the card (I just wanted them to be a bit more interesting than just attaching the full frame to the centre of the card).  Using the Birthday Gifts die set, I cut a bunch of various sizes and shaped presents out of white card.  I added bows to each of the presents from some leftover pixied card.  I attached all the presents so some were stacked and some were flat.  I used the Birthday Wishes sentiment from the Birthday Wishes Background and cut it out of white and black.  I shadowed the sentiment with the black die cut then glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/4  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a great idea for a card with the presents within the circle and slightly cut off the edge, although I would prefer a more subtle colour for the background, but a great idea for a card.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue and all that visit.
I'm not sure...... until my eyes focused all I could see was white shapes, then the bows came into view, I think they should have been cut in white or a contrasting colour to the Pixie background which I think swallows up an unusual design. Not one for me today Sue, I'm sorry xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow a very bright and happy card I agree with Steph a different colour bows.
Any child will love it thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue ,

A lovely card. Love the pixied background and the presents are so cute.

Barbara V

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the background colours xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a lovely card and so unusual with presents in the circle. Love the pixie background but I do agree that the bows get lost against the background.
Marion S x

dj from kettering said...



I had to look really hard to see the bows against
the background, but love the idea of the off
centred circles.

Doreen x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a bright card I love the circle off the centre but the presents get a bit lost. Hugs to all that visit today x

Hellma said...

Great design love the background

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous background!
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A lovely pixie background with your circle off the card which is unusual, an ideal card for anyone. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Can't quite get my head around this card l think the idea good but there's something that just doesn't sit right.
Owlish Xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love this card, contemporary, bright and unique. Take care everyone. Bx

Anonymous said...

Great background.Bows on presents don't stand out until you look closely. Might be the photograph on this occasion. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the birthday presents die set, it is so useful for making a quick card. The pixied background is gorgeous and I like the offset circle frame

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

ursula said...

Love that pixied background with the wrinkles, love the colour….interesting with all the pressies and the circles being cut…luv Ursula xx

sued99 said...

Love the circle going off the edge of the card but am not sure about the background colour. X

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love the background, my favourite Birthday sentiment and the offset circles but I
am afraid that the parcels get lost for me, sorry.

Frances

Pawprintx4 said...

Good Morning everyone here & we are heading into the weekend.
I kind of agree with everything Frances said. The card has some very nice parts and some things that just don't appeal. Its still a better card than most people could make just not a "Sue Spectacular".
Stephanie K

Deb E isle of wight said...

A lovely post but agree with some of the other comments about the parcels being a bit lost. Love the parts but not sure of the whole...

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue An unusual card I love the bright pixied background and the whit circles it is a shame the parcel bows don't stand out in the photo

Scottydog said...

Lovely pixie background, but had to look closely to make out the parcels. Thank you Sue

lindyloo12Somerset said...

What a beautiful vibrant card, I love the pixied background.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I love the vibrant colours in this card!
Hugs x
Heather T