Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Hope Your Birthday is a Hoot

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of milk card and embossed it with the Leafy Forest embossing folder.  next I lightly highlighted the trees by sponging Pumice Stone distress ink onto the tree trunks.  I used a little Crushed Olive on the few leaves.  Next I cut the Olivia the Owl die using three different shades of tan and browns.  I assembled Olivia and gave her a tree trunk to sit on from the Daisy the Deer die set.  I cut several tufts of grass and added them around the tree trunk.  I cut the Hope Your Birthday is a Hoot sentiment from the Wise Old Owl die set.  I cut the sentiment out of both dark brown and black card.  I shadowed it with the black die cut then glued it to the top of the card.  The card was completed with milk and brown mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/2"  x  7" in size.  All for now, Sue x




 
























                                                                                
                                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this little Owls is so cute, I love the different die shapes in the set which you can cut out in a variety of colours to make up the owl, I wonder what it would look like in white and a light grey, I might have a go at this, the sentiment is perfect too.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs,. June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue, A lovely card the owl is so cute, Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card using Olivia the owl, she is just adorable. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card. A Snowy Owl might look good on a Christmas card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

This little guy is fab and love how the elements across each set work so well together. Really looking forward to having a play either these dies 😊

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so sweet! I love the tree trunk die what a fabulous idea of yours!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Lovely Olive
Elizabeth Bennett

Anonymous said...

Lovely card; poor little Olivia looks lost and lonely. WakeyL