Sunday 28 August 2022

Happy Bird Day

Hello crafters! I started by cutting the Tropical Flora die out of several shades of green card.  I cut a white frame using the Double Stitched Squares and added mounting foam to the back of it.  I attached the die cuts from the Tropical Flora die to the mounting foam so that the leaves can be seen from the inside lip of the frame, slightly overlap them and mix up the style of leaves and colors as you move along the frame to attach them.  I added a second piece of mounting foam over the leaves then added a white backing piece to the frame.  Next I cut the Happy Bird Day Dear Friend sentiment from the Parrot die set in black.  I glued it to the inside of the frame.  I cut the Parrot in white and coloured the Parrot using primary colour ink pens.  I cut the parrot again in white and coloured just the wing and cut it away and added it onto the first parrot with a small piece of mounting foam to raise it slightly.  I added the parrot to the right side of the frame with mounting foam and a piece of greenery under him.   I cut two Hibiscus flowers in Red and added yellow centres using the dies from the Tropical Hibiscus die set.  I added some leaves in green and attached the flowers in the upper left corner of the frame.  I cut a piece of white card an inch larger than the frame and added strips of double sided tape around all four sides.  I sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz all over it, then added the frame to the centre, using mounting foam  I completed the card with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 ¾”  x  7 ¾” in size.  All for now, Sue x









                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

33 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

I love these happy colourful samples, it would be wonderful if we had these birds here, they would certainly brighten up the dull grey skies of autumn and winter in the UK.

June Smith..... Hope you had a brilliant birthday yesterday xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A bright and cheerful card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Love the cheerfulness of this bright card and the way the bird appears to be looking in.

Barbara V

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This card is so colourful and pretty. I hope you had a lovely birthday June. Take care everyone x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely bright and cheerful card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, the parrot and hibiscus flowers always looks so colourful, when you make them on a sample and this one is no exception, beautiful with all the greenery, the glitter and frames, pure genius, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Another very happy birthday card today loving your colours and the 🦜.
Owlish Xx

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue, it would brighten any ones day xx Hazel

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. A lovely cheery holiday style card. I love these colours. And I love your beautiful birds. And all this reminds me that it's almost time for our much needed holiday. In my most favourite place. These lovely colourful cards you show us have really cheered me up on my down days. Thankyou so much Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds
Please stay safe and well 🙏

Happy 🎂 Birthday 🎂 June
Hope you had a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

a lovely card sue full of. bright colours wish we had the beautiful birds here to brighten our days thank you sue stay safe my friends xxxxxxx JUNE. HORROCKS. hope you had a lovely birthday JUNE SMITHxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A very vibrant & cheery card. I love your beautiful Parrot & how you have used different shades of green. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue a fabulous cheerful card today, love the way you have framed the sentiment. Take care and stay safe everyone. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the frame of foliage surrounding the lovely sentiment and then the bright pop of colour from the hibiscus flowers and the parrot finish the card perfectly

Belated happy birthday June

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

What a vibrant card for the late summer. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great fun post...

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Beautiful card I love the way you've added so much detail with the addition of leaves and glitter and even raising the parrot wing to give added dimension This card is superb!

Scottydog said...

What a contrast between the calming card shown yesterday & the vibrant happy card today. Thank you Sue.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really lovely happy card and your parrot looks gorgeous. Love the way you have used the foliage in the frame.

Frances

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - colourful, cheerful card today. So cute! Colleen xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, I really love this card, so bright and cheerful! Love it when I have all the dies too! Love Jean xxx

Hellma said...

Bright cheerful card

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a really pretty card today - I love how the bright colours of the parrot and hibiscus stand out against the foliage and also I love the way they have been brought forward by attaching them to the outside of the frame.

Lisbeth

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing and colourful card, love so much the Tropical Flora die with the Parrot, just perfect together!!

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a bright and cheerful card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Eunice Astle said...

Very pretty card Sue, that parrot makes me smile!

sued99 said...

A lovely bright card.x

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous, cute and vibrant card. So sweet.

Love Helen xxx

Betty McAlister said...

A gorgeous card. Bright and uplifting x

Anonymous said...

A lovely happy card
Marlene O

Judy Hollers said...

Dear Sue, thank you so much for making this parrot card. I will be using the die set to make a birthday card. I hope my card turns out as lovely as yours! Hugs.

lindyloo12Somerset said...

I love this card, I have the parrot set and really like playing around with it, using different colours on the parrot etc, your cards are always so beautiful!

Pawprintx4 said...

The parrot would make anyone's day. He is so bright and perky.
I love all the tropical foliage too.
Stephanie K

CCM said...

A Happy card for a Happy B-day. Bright and cheerful. Love it.

Hugs from Toronto to you all.
Stay safe and healthy.
Carmen-Dorothy