Friday 20 October 2017

Christmas Double Day

Hello all!  We are getting closer and closer to Christmas now, have you finished all your cards yet?  Here are a couple of more for some ideas if you like.  The first one was started by cutting the Lace Snowflake Frame out of a piece of coconut white card randomly all over the background.  I attached it to a piece of sticky adhesive sheet, then added another piece of white card behind.  I repositioned the cut out snowflakes back into their slots, then where the fallaway pieces were from the die cut, I sprinkled Diamond Snow over them to fill in the adhesive areas.  I made a multi layered frame from the Double Pierced Noble Squares using white and aqua card and attached it over the background.  Next I cut two more of the Lace Snowflake die out of aqua card and offset them and attached them in the centre of the frame with foam.  I stamped a sentiment then covered it with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I created a frame from the centre dies in the Lace Snowflake and added it with foam over the sticky sheet on the sentiment.  I sprinkled Diamond Snow over the inside of the frame and attached it in the centre of the snowflakes.  I cut several small snowflakes in white and added them to the outer frame of the card in opposite corners.  White and aqua mats and layers were used to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2" x  7 1/2" in size.  Scroll down for card number two.










Card number two started with a Pixie Powder background using Midnight Blue and Purple Violet.  I built up the colour by adding more powder until the colour was quite intense.  I cut the Icicle border from the Snowflake Edger die set and extended it, then added glue and Iced Snow along the entire length.  I glued it to the top edge of the card.  I stamped my sentiment directly on the background in Black Archival ink.  I cut the outer and inner cutting dies from the Scalloped Snowflake Frame to create a frame for the Art Deco Snowflake that I attached to the top of it, adding a large pearl to the centre.  I cut two of the Holly Swirls and white and added them in opposite corners coming from the focal element.  White on white mats and layers were used to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4" x  8 1/4" in size.  Hope these give you a bit of inspiration!  All for now, Sue x






                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: