Friday 6 October 2017

Christmas Double Day

Hi crafters!  It is time for another Christmas double day but first I would like to give a shameless plug the One Day Special on Hochanda I am doing which begins tonight at 6pm and a second show at 8pm.  I will be showcasing the Hexagons as one bundle and the tool box and barbeque dies in another (with a few other dies on the show as well).  The first card is a lovely navy blue and white one showcasing the Frosty Frame and Garland Edger.  I started by cutting a Frosty Frame aperture in the upper portion of the card.  I used one of the decorative dies from the Garland Edger to cut a double wide border into the lower portion of the card.   I backed the border area with white card, then added mounting foam on the back to raise it.  I attached it over another piece of coconut white card with a sticky adhesive sheet attached.  I cut another Frosty Frame in white and recessed in down into the aperture on to the sticky adhesive sheet, then sprinkled the remaining adhesive are with Diamond Sprinkles. I cut the inside of the Frosty frame rectangle out of blue and added it to the centre of the die.   I cut the Tidings Of Comfort die twice and stacked them and glued them into place on the blue rectangle, adding two small snowflakes from the Lace Snowflake set.  I made two flowers from the Classic Poinsettia and sugared the edges of the petals then seated them on a white satin bow.  The card was completed with white on white mats.  The finished dimensions are 7" x  8 1/2" in size.  Scroll down for card number two.



Card number two is a silver on silver number.  I cut Twinkle Star Background in Silver pearl card.  I backed it with Silver mirror card.  I cut a multi layered frame out of coconut white and silver pearl card and added it with foam over the background.  For the focal element, I cut the Scalloped Snowflake frame in silver pearl card, cutting the centre of it out.  I cut the centre decorative piece in white and added it behind the snowflake.  Next I cut a thin border out of silver mirror card using the outer cutting edges from the Scalloped Snowflake frame and the Art Deco snowflake frame dies and glued it to the edge.  I stamped my sentiment and cut it out with the centre of the Lace Snowflake frame and added it with foam to the centre.  White and silver mats and layers were added to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 7" x  7" in size.  All for now, Sue x

                                                     Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: