Thursday 12 October 2017

Get Well

 Hi guys!  I have a rather clean and simple card to share with you today, but I think it is a really fun way to say get well.  I selected a piece of red and white polka dotted paper from my stash and cut it diagonally.  I added it to a piece of coconut white card.  I used the Trellis Edger to cut an extended border out of black card and I backed it with a strip of black gloss card.  I glued it down the length of the card diagonally between the two sections.  I cut a smaller rectangle and backed it with a thin black mat.  On this piece I added two plasters (band aids to my American friends), a thermometer and a jar of aspirin (which are really Altoids mints!  If you look really close, you can see that they have the letter A on them too!)  I cut the jar from the Feel Better Soon set and added an acetate front to it and thin line of mounting foam around the edge to create enough depth for my altoids)  I cut the cross in red for the front and the lid in black and I sandwiched the Altoids (aspirins) in between another piece of acetate and glued it to the front of the card.  The plasters were cut out of papyrus card (it really looks like the colour of plasters too!) with ruby red hearts and the thermometer was cut in white and I cut it again in red and just nipped off the bottom part and glued it onto the white one.  I cut the Get Well sentiment in black and glued it to the top of the card.  White red and black mats and layers were used to finish the card off nicely.  The finished dimensions are 5 3/4" x  7 1/2" in size.  All for now, Sue x









                                                   Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: