Friday 22 September 2017

Christmas Double Days

Hi crafters!  We have a double day with a navy blue theme today!  I started this first card by cutting the Frosty Frame twice out of coconut white card.  I cut the centre out of both of them, and then cut one of them in half lengthwise.  I added thin bits of mounting foam to the first one to raise it and cut the Stitched Striplet out of navy blue and put the frame over it, trimming away the excess from underneath it.  Then I added the extra frame that was cut in half to the top and bottom of the frame.   I stamped my sentiment and cut it out and added it atop the tag from the frosty frame die set. I used Faded Jeans to lightly ink around the sentiment.   I mounted the entire piece on a larger piece of coconut white card and added Snowflake Flourish Corners cut in white to each of the corners.  Navy blue and white mats and layers were used to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4" x  7 3/4" in size. Scroll down for card number two.






Card number two is a really good one for quick batch making.  I embossed a piece of navy card with the Falling Snow embossing folder.  I used Silver Dream gilding polish over the top to highlight the texture.  Next I cut the Radiating Star in silver and backed it with silver card.  I cut the Tidings of Comfort die in silver and added it below the star.  I cut the Holly Swirl and nipped away the holly pieces and cut it and attached part below and part above the star as an accent.  White, silver and blue card mats and layers were used to complete this card,  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4" x  8" in size.

Just a quick reminder that I will be leading off the Creative Expressions Takeover Weekend tonight at 6pm on Hochanda!  I will be showcasing some of the Christmas dies that haven't yet been on the tv and a few of the more popular ones that have, including the Frosty Frame shown in the first sample today!  I hope you will be able to join us for what is going to be a very fun and craft filled weekend on Hochanda!  All for now, Sue x





                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin